Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #1
Thechler

Default 2019 Vintage Classic 19ERD front interior wall falling apart

Recently noticed front wall behind the queen bed staining and trim falling off. Does not look like water damage. Feels like the inner wall is deteriorating. Has anyone had this happen. During covid camper sat in same spot for 1-2 years and lost all my decals on the front of the camper due to heat (Florida). Help, want to trad it in for larger trailer.
Thechler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
Life on the fishing pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechler View Post
Recently noticed front wall behind the queen bed staining and trim falling off. Does not look like water damage. Feels like the inner wall is deteriorating. Has anyone had this happen. During covid camper sat in same spot for 1-2 years and lost all my decals on the front of the camper due to heat (Florida). Help, want to trad it in for larger trailer.
Water intrusion is more than likely the problem. GS told me owners are expected to inspect all outside points of possible water leakage every six months and reseal everything once a year.
I have seen delamination of the front of the one piece roof on a Vintage Cruiser due to the front clearance lights leaking. Be aware that many of us thought all exterior surfaces were made from Adzel but that is only true for the sidewalls. The roof is fiberglass and luan laminate and will start to separate if left wet.
Life on the fishing pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #3
tmbrwlvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechler View Post
Unfortunately the decals are cheap & have a short lifespan. We own a 2019 GS Cabin Cruiser & are on our second set after the first failed. I’m in the process now of removing the second set after one year. Hopefully I’ll be able to completely get it all off. I will not replace again. Any tips on getting the old adhesive off completely would be much appreciated! Sorry to hear of your issues. Hoping you’ll get some answers.
tmbrwlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:25 AM   #4
Life on the fishing pier

I usually try a hair dryer on a hot day. Stay away from heatguns. Way too hot. If it's the adhesive your after use mineral spirits and plenty of rags. Plenty of gloves too.

I was reluctant to get my woody Vintage Cruiser until we found out the 2021 used a better decal. At 11 months of ownership and all is will with ours.