Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-31-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
mcruff

Default A few questions from a new owner

I would like to thank everyone for all the info that has been posted here on this forum.
I have looked but have not found the answers I need to a few questions.
I bought a 2002 Friendship 8362 in November of last year. The owner had passed away and his wife wanted it gone but knew virtually nothing about the workings of the RV.

I have 2 switches that are not labeled, 1 is in the bedroom beside the light switch (marked) and under the slide control. I can't find what it does, someone I talked to suggested night lights of some kind, haven't found any but a bulb could be missing or burnt out.
The 2nd switch is in the hallway with the light switch to the main living area and the front slide control, again not marked. Any ideas on these switches.

Also how is the engine block heater activated, is there a breaker or switch I haven't found?

Last question, my outsides porch light by the door, I haven't found a switch. Then again it could have a bad bulb. I have not had the cover off of this one.

Thanks again for any help!!

Mike
Old 04-01-2021, 08:02 AM   #2
racerpro

Default Switches

I have the same coach. 1 switch turns on ceiling light. 2nd switch turns on a string of led bead lights around the base of bed.

The hallway switch is the electric hot water switch. Should also have a red light
illuminated when on. If we are talking about the same switch.

Block heater is simply plugged into a outlet above the inverter on drivers side back compartment. I installed a GFI ac outlet with a switch so I could turn off and on when needed instead of pulling the plug. The block heater will stay on if not unplugged if attached to shore power or running the gen. You should unplug if running the motor or temp is above 45 degrees.
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #3
mcruff

Ok the bedroom switch makes sense, the previous owner changed direction of bed. The lights were in the box just hanging in there. My hot water heater switch is by the refrigerator on the sidewall. Maybe that switch is to a burned out light in the base of the bathroom sink. Noticed this little chrome bulb on the base of the vanity yesterday. Gonna check it out this weekend.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #4
mcruff

Ok as an update to this for someone else who has this coach. the unmarked switch in the bedroom is tied to the switch in the hall way, it is a two way switch for a set of nightlights, one is on the bottom of the bathroom vanity, the other is a light beside the bathroom door about 3" above the floor. Both bulbs were burnt out, i replaced them and now the switches work perfect for operating the night lights from either switch.