Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-11-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
jpkelly

Smile 2006 Crescendo Black Water Tank Location

Getting ready launch our maiden voyage. It seems the dealer was honest about describing the condition of everything. Of all things that I want to avoid is black water tank problems. I'm thinking of having a plumber drop a video camera into the empty and supposedly clean take and look around. Would I be correct in assuming that the tank is right below the toilet (drivers side) and the fresh water and grey water tanks are located on the curb (passenger) side? Paranoia reigns lol. It's a 2006 Crescendo 36' diesel pusher, 8356. Thanks so much for this info!
jpkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
Dennis4809

I wouldn’t worry about the tank unless you have an issue. As long as you know how to use you’ll be fine. Just check yourself with fresh water first. Add some water to both tanks either through the toilet and kitchen sink or via hose to the flush point connection. Connect your slinky and drain the black first, then the gray. Practice at home if possible or as soon as you get to a campsite. Use TP that breaks down quickly and plenty of water in the toilet.
To check your TP, put 3-4 sheets in a glass and add a cup or more of water. Put your hand over the top and shake for a few seconds. Suitable paper will almost dissolve. After you’re comfortable with the use, ensure that you keep the drain valves closed until you need to dump. Never leave the black valve open. I leave water in mine even when not in use. Keeps any remnant from drying and turning to concrete.
Good luck,
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
jpkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
I wouldn’t worry about the tank unless you have an issue. As long as you know how to use you’ll be fine. Just check yourself with fresh water first. Add some water to both tanks either through the toilet and kitchen sink or via hose to the flush point connection. Connect your slinky and drain the black first, then the gray. Practice at home if possible or as soon as you get to a campsite. Use TP that breaks down quickly and plenty of water in the toilet.
To check your TP, put 3-4 sheets in a glass and add a cup or more of water. Put your hand over the top and shake for a few seconds. Suitable paper will almost dissolve. After you’re comfortable with the use, ensure that you keep the drain valves closed until you need to dump. Never leave the black valve open. I leave water in mine even when not in use. Keeps any remnant from drying and turning to concrete.
Good luck,
Thank you Dennis, you're a gentleman.
jpkelly is offline   Reply With Quote