Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-26-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
Netbob30

Default 2019 btcruiser 5210 side windows flex

When driving down the highway at speed the side windows will flex in the middle letting air and rain in. The one on the driver side let's air in all the time and creates a huge amount of noise. Since the windows pooch out in the middle, no amount of tightening will stop it. I tightened one so tight it stripped the threads in the knob. HELP
Netbob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Pursuit

Default Side window flex

Have the same issue thinking about installing plastic deflector like one used on a sunroof on a car
Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Netbob30

Default More on Btcruiser awning style window problems

My feeling is that Gulfstream should address this issue. I have a video recording of the noise and flexing as you drive down the highway at 70 mph. Having awning style windows is a great idea, just doesn't work out right. I could post the 2 videos here (drivers side, passenger side) if I could figure out how to do it. Just is unacceptable on such a great little motorhome. Open to suggestions. I'm going up to the big Tampa motor home gathering, Jan.16-18 with motorhome hoping to find someone from Gulfstream there.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
roadwoman

I have a 2006 5291 BT touring. I put foam rubber around window to stop the noise and rattle. worked out OK. It is a slider window.
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
Netbob30

Default BT5210 side windows

It is easy to solve problems with slider windows. If you will read my original post these are awning windows. Big problem.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
Pursuit

Default 5210 side window flex

Was at the Tampa rv show in the Gulfstream booth...they acted like they didn’t know anything about the window issue and noted lots of manufactures are using the same??
Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
Netbob30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuit View Post
Have the same issue thinking about installing plastic deflector like one used on a sunroof on a car
I saw a Gulfstream company rep at the Tampa RV show last weekend 1/16/2020. He took my info and said he would give it to a company engineer. We shall see if he does. I was the second one that morning to file a complaint. If I get a response I'll post it here. If I don't get a response I'll also post it here.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #8
TwoGuysRVing

Default Window flex

I have a new 2022 BT Cruiser 5210 and I'm having the same window flex issue with my two side awning windows. Has anyone been able to solve this issue? Any responses from Gulfstream? TY.
TwoGuysRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 12:21 PM   #9
Larryjb

Default side windows flex

Regarding the flex of the windows on my 5210:
One window, the window behind the driver's seat, is the one that flexes the most and lets the air in and creates the window noise.
How about this for a fix, buy a roll of string type putty about 1/8 inch to 3/16" wide gray in color and run a bead down on the forward outside of the window, just the front vertical side. Most of it will be hidden but it will stop the air flow.
I never open more that one window on each side and so that window will stay shut and sealed and stop the flexing and air flow. No more noise!

The piece of rope caulking pulls off easily and can be removed at any time.
I am open to other suggestions.
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 bt5210 windows