Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #1
Just Cruisin

Default What is that button?

Hi. I have a 2018 BT Cruiser 29ft. Just inside the door are a couple of buttons. One is for the powered steps. There is a small panel for the automatic levelers. There is the electrical disconnect switch. Beside them is a large button that I have found no use. Does anyone know what it is for? I couldn't find it mentioned in the owner's manual and see nothing change when I flip it in either direction. Any ideas?
Just Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
Stovebolter

Default Door Light Switch

HI

On my BT5240 the larger switch next to stair switch is for the entry ceiling light. Mine only works when plugged into shore power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Door light switch.jpg (199.5 KB, 17 views)
Stovebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Just Cruisin

Smile What is that button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolter View Post
HI

On my BT5240 the larger switch next to stair switch is for the entry ceiling light. Mine only works when plugged into shore power.
Thanks for the reply, Stovebolter. That is the button I was describing. It makes sense that it would be the light switch but I haven't had any luck making it work.

After reading your reply I immediately went to the RV and tried it. Unfortunately, no luck.
THank you for letting me know its function. At least I now know it's simply not working rather than doing something mysterious underneath the camper.
Just Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
Stovebolter

Default Ceiling entry light

Hi

I should clarify a bit of info I gave you.

UNPLUGGED from shore power and Battery disconnect switched to OFF the ceiling light switch WILL NOT activate the light.

PLUGGED into shore power and Battery disconnect switched to OFF the ceiling light switch WILL activate the light.

And to futher confuse you, UNPLUGGED from shore power and the Battery diconnect switched to ON will activate the ceiling light switch. Assuming your house batteries have a 12 volt charge.

If you would like to check your ceiling light switch/ceiling light circuit let me know I'll try to explain. It might be as simple as the previous owner left the light on and burned out the bulb or led's.
Stovebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
jamesham

We have a much older model than yours, but on ours, the extra switch next to the electric steps switch is a master kill for all exterior lights and compartment lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cruisin View Post
Hi. I have a 2018 BT Cruiser 29ft. Just inside the door are a couple of buttons. One is for the powered steps. There is a small panel for the automatic levelers. There is the electrical disconnect switch. Beside them is a large button that I have found no use. Does anyone know what it is for? I couldn't find it mentioned in the owner's manual and see nothing change when I flip it in either direction. Any ideas?
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
Dora's explorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cruisin View Post
Our rig is older so the buttons may be different. One is for the steps, one is for the trunk lights, one is for the outside door light and all working 12v. Or shore power so long as the main house switch is "on". ( Very easy to accidentally leave one on and run the house battery down....especially the trunk lights which are only noticed if one of the trunk doors are open!)
Dora's explorers is offline   Reply With Quote