Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
lstaton

Default GFCI outlets not working

I have a 2010 kingsport 285qb travel trailer. The GFCI protected outlets in the kitchen, under the dining table and both outside outlets are not working. The only GFCI outlet with a reset that I can find is in my bathroom. The GFCI outlet in the bathroom is working properly and has power 122 volts and trips when you test it. The outlet by my kitchen sink I pulled out of the wall and it only shows 83 volts. I checked and found all of my outlets (working & not working) are all on the 20 amp side of the circuit breaker. I checked all of the fuses and all checked ok. All of the circuit breakers have been turned off and back on to make sure they weren't tripped. I also noticed that the stereo is no longer turning on either. It seem like this started happening after a heater got plugged into the GFCI outlet behind the kitchen sink. Which I wasn't aware of until after the fact. This is the outlet that is now showing 83 volts. I searched around for another GFCI outlet with a reset and wasn't able to locate one. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/ideas or possible knew where I could find a schematic to know how the outlets tried together. Atleast then I would have a better idea of where to check next.
lstaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstaton View Post
I have a 2010 kingsport 285qb travel trailer. The GFCI protected outlets in the kitchen, under the dining table and both outside outlets are not working. The only GFCI outlet with a reset that I can find is in my bathroom. The GFCI outlet in the bathroom is working properly and has power 122 volts and trips when you test it. The outlet by my kitchen sink I pulled out of the wall and it only shows 83 volts. I checked and found all of my outlets (working & not working) are all on the 20 amp side of the circuit breaker. I checked all of the fuses and all checked ok. All of the circuit breakers have been turned off and back on to make sure they weren't tripped. I also noticed that the stereo is no longer turning on either. It seem like this started happening after a heater got plugged into the GFCI outlet behind the kitchen sink. Which I wasn't aware of until after the fact. This is the outlet that is now showing 83 volts. I searched around for another GFCI outlet with a reset and wasn't able to locate one. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/ideas or possible knew where I could find a schematic to know how the outlets tried together. Atleast then I would have a better idea of where to check next.
-UNPLUG, INSPECT POWER CORD & PLUG; 2) pull the breaker cover on the power panel and check / tighten all screws, INCLUDING ALL NEUTRAL wires. 3) if no luck, then pull all dead receptacles and check wiring. Luck
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
ed4fun

Default Gfci

On mine the outside outlet is on the circuit that is controlled by the bathroom GFCI
ed4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gfci