Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
ccrown4

Default GFI location

2002 Seahawk XL M -29FBR
I found the one circuit breaker by the laboratory but the one one to the kitchen and outside outlets eludes me. I looked under sink cabinet, outside lockers and front compartments with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Joel
ccrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #2
UAHaerospace

not sure what you're asking, but the 'main' GFCI outlet, with the reset button, in the bathroom, usually also controls the kitchen outlets and the outside outlets. Once you reset the bathroom outlet, the others should be powered.

if not, you've lost a connection, probably on the back of the GFCI outlet itself.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #3
ccrown4

Thanks for the reply. . Bathroom GFCI IS good and no loose wires, only one set in one set out. It just seems there should be another GFCI for the kitcgen area. The GFCI in the bathroom controls bedroom, living area and it is funtioning as it should. It was not tripped. All outlets in kitchen area including the outdoor outlet have no power.. i looked behind drawers, under sink cabinet, microwave area, outside bay areas. Really stumped.
Thanks for your help
I
ccrown4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:57 AM   #4
Mebryant

OK. This may sound strange but we had a problem with the kitchen GFCI on our 2008 Vista Cruiser and it was related to the antenna/cable switch/plug in the cabinet over the sink.
Mebryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

My kitchen GFI is on bottom of cabinet over sink; bend over and look up?
Old 02-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #6
[email protected]

Mine is in the main breaker box in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. I have a rear kitchen and the shore power comes in from the rear.
bob@dbbaits.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #7
jmorris

I am Understanding bath room, kitchen and outside do not work. Reset is not tripped. If it trips when you reset, you have a short to ground. If you do not have basic knowledge do not try this. Test Line wires, White Should be Ground Black Hot. Should read 110-120 between White and Ground Black Hot. If Yes then bad GRI Outlet…… If not 1-Triped breaker in panel. 2- Bad Breaker in panel. 3- broken White or Ground Black Hot.
Attached Images
File Type: png Hold Folder Pute 1234 GFCI-Outlet.png (21.3 KB, 3 views)
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #8
Puettz

I had the same problem with my mothorhome. My GFI under the kitchen cabinet was not tripped. The problem ended up being the Inverter next to the batteries. There was a 15 amp switch and a 20 amp switch and the 20 amp was tripped. You might want to check that. Good luck!
Puettz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #9
jmorris

Yes sounds like no power to GFI.
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #10
BamBam424

Thanks for the posts. My Atrium was dead all in the lower compartments. Pulled the GFI and the lead was lose. Fixed that and now the GFI kept tripping? Went below and unplugged a 110 plug in the Inverter Compartment that I am asking if anyone knows where this goes too? Engine Heater if I have one is what we assume as I unplugged it and everything works and GFI does not trip? Anyone know where this original installed 110 outlet and plugged in wire goes too? Goes immediately up into the flooring and GONE?
BamBam424 is offline   Reply With Quote