Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
GULFSTREAMER37

Default 2007 Crescendo Water leaks

I have been chasing a water leak and hope that someone may have a lead for me.
So Far I have resealed the Front Seam Left to right,
Both CB antennas
Roof mounted Crank up antenna
Fantastic roof vent

All by complete removal cleaning and resealing with Dicor products.

The Water drips from the Vinyl covered panel close to but above the windshield
And the Pass side front Carpet gets soaked every time it rains.

I also went over all the sealer around the other items further back.

I have not touched the Front AC yet because I ordered Seal kits before I remove them and I don't have them yet.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ted.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: 2007 Crescendo Water leaks

Not sure what the Crescendo has for a roof, but if you have fiber glass like mine has, the best thing to do and it will solve all your problems for ever is to buy a roll of Eterabond tape from Amazon and do your roof. Get the four inch wide tape and just apply it right over the caulking to where the tape cover all the caulking and some. It is about a $130.00 investment, but you will never have to worry about any leaks. Leaks can be a nightmare to locate.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
GULFSTREAMER37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
Not sure what the Crescendo has for a roof, but if you have fiber glass like mine has, the best thing to do and it will solve all your problems for ever is to buy a roll of Eterabond tape from Amazon and do your roof. Get the four inch wide tape and just apply it right over the caulking to where the tape cover all the caulking and some. It is about a $130.00 investment, but you will never have to worry about any leaks. Leaks can be a nightmare to locate.
Thanks for the tip, I will consider that as an option.

I will be pulling the AC units off this week, and replacing the cap lights even though I already sealed them since I am not happy with the way they look and 1 is not working now anyway, for 6 dollars each it is a no brainer rather than clean all the RTV off them.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
pgirardet

Try the plug for the co-axial cable of the TV antenna.
Allison Trans.
2010 Honda Fit Blue OX tow Bar
pgirardet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
GULFSTREAMER37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgirardet
Try the plug for the co-axial cable of the TV antenna.
I will have to go back up on the roof, and take a look at where the cable runs through the roof, but i Did remove all the old sealer and replace it with Dicor self leveling.

What I didn't see if how or if the crank handle is leaking, I thought of this last week when it was raining inside the coach

does anyone one know if the Crank up antenna is a known problem?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
RayChez1

Any place where there is Dicor applied means it had a hole or crack there which could cause a leak. The most common place for leaks is the bead where the front cap meets the top of the roof. Another problem with Dicor is that you have to check it at least once a year because it starts to crack and water will work its way through those cracks.

I used to have a leak that was hard to find, but it would leak right in front passenger side into the cabinet. I tried my best to patch with Dicor and it would stop for a while, only to return. So I finally got fed up and bought two rolls of Eternabond from Amazon through the internet and done the whole thing. Four inches wide and I just made sure it was clean when I applied it and a warm day. I have not had a single water leak in years now. It is easy to apply and it works. I just applied it on the main seams or joints on top. I did not do the vents or crank up antenna. No more leaks which I just love. It can be very frustrating.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
GULFSTREAMER37

Quote:
Any place where there is Dicor applied means it had a hole or crack there which could cause a leak. The most common place for leaks is the bead where the front cap meets the top of the roof. Another problem with Dicor is that you have to check it at least once a year because it starts to crack and water will work its way through those cracks.

I used to have a leak that was hard to find, but it would leak right in front passenger side into the cabinet. I tried my best to patch with Dicor and it would stop for a while, only to return. So I finally got fed up and bought two rolls of Eternabond from Amazon through the internet and done the whole thing. Four inches wide and I just made sure it was clean when I applied it and a warm day. I have not had a single water leak in years now. It is easy to apply and it works. I just applied it on the main seams or joints on top. I did not do the vents or crank up antenna. No more leaks which I just love. It can be very frustrating.
That is exactly where the water was appearing on mine dripping off the front cabinet on the right side soaking the carpet.

I replaced all the Cab lights, and went over the front seam again and I think I got it no leaks so far and it has rained 3 times and now snow so we will see.

So you put a 4 inch wide strip from left to right along the seam, how far down the sided did you go?

Ted.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
melmapop

Ted, I had the same problem when I first had my 40ft 2007 Yellowstone country club. I took on the same issues that you discussed and it was either my dome lights or the crank up TV antenna. I found that the antenna base had a mote of water around the base that held water and it dripped down the shaft and over to my surround sound speaker and into the coach. So I molded the Dicor so the water wound run out of the base of the antenna. Not to sure if that solver the water issue or the dome light resealing. I also cleaned out all of the ribbing seal between the roof and the sides of the coach and resealed it with clear silicone caulk. Glad to hear that you solved your problem.
Steve
melmapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
GULFSTREAMER37

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmapop
Ted, I had the same problem when I first had my 40ft 2007 Yellowstone country club. I took on the same issues that you discussed and it was either my dome lights or the crank up TV antenna. I found that the antenna base had a mote of water around the base that held water and it dripped down the shaft and over to my surround sound speaker and into the coach. So I molded the Dicor so the water wound run out of the base of the antenna. Not to sure if that solver the water issue or the dome light resealing. I also cleaned out all of the ribbing seal between the roof and the sides of the coach and resealed it with clear silicone caulk. Glad to hear that you solved your problem.
Steve
Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
RayChez1

Ted, I applied the Eternabond all the way across to where it starts to round off. That way you do not see the tape from the side view. Then I have two connecting seams which run from the front to the rear. They are about twelve inches from the curve where the side wall meets the top roof. I run the four inch Eternabond all the way from the front to the back, and then across the back where the back cap meets the roof. I have not had a single leak since then any where. I should have done that right away when I first bought the coach new. It would have solved me a lot of work every year of climbing up and resealing with Dicor every darn little crack I could find. And Dicor will crack if you use your coach a lot with all the flexing and the hot sun in the south west part of the country. We get a lot of sun around here. Water leaks are hard to track down sometimes because the water will run through the inside of the ceiling and could come down just about anywhere. So it is best to just invest on a couple of rolls of Eternabond and not worry anymore.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
GULFSTREAMER37

Any chance we can see some pictures?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge gained from experience.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULFSTREAMER37

Do not know how to post pictures on this forum, but I am sending you a private message.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #13
RayChez1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GULFSTREAMER37

Do not know how to post pictures on this forum, but I am sending you a private message.

Sent you three pictures on how I applied the four inch Eternabond tape. Don't mix it with the non-skid tape that is peeling off and that will be my next project replacing the non skid tape.
Hope that gives you an idea on how to apply it. Make sure it is a warm day when you apply it. It just sticks to what ever it touches. LOL!
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
GULFSTREAMER37

Quote:
Sent you three pictures on how I applied the four inch Eternabond tape. Don't mix it with the non-skid tape that is peeling off and that will be my next project replacing the non skid tape.
Hope that gives you an idea on how to apply it. Make sure it is a warm day when you apply it. It just sticks to what ever it touches. LOL!
Got them Thank you Very Helpful and great Idea.