Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-04-2024, 04:08 PM   #1
Rincon Schooner

Default Furnace ducting issue

Hello to all,
We now own a 2004 Sun Voyager 8379 with atrium windows…and we love it. The previous owner said heat does not come out of vents in the back bedroom. As I followed backwards from the two vents under the bed, then removed drawers under the closet to see the two duct hoses, I found the problem. Our 20 year old rig has a sliding-door to separate the front from the rear. When the door is opened all the way the back-bottom has crushed the two duct-hoses flat. It appears to me that heat has NEVER reached the rear. There is no cut-out on the door to accommodate the two 4” duct-hoses. They are smashed flat between the wall and the back of the door. The door was always supposed to fully open and there are snap-strips to keep it open while traveling. I am going to remove the sliding door and cut the back of the door, at the bottom, because when the door is closed the part of the door is still hidden. It’s the only solution before repairing the two hoses that can sit, one on top of the other. Is this an oversight since the time our rig was new?… I can’t believe it… any input from anyone on this thread?… Thank you, Rob Smith.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2160.jpeg (169.6 KB, 6 views)
Rincon Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:55 AM   #2
Bike Dr

Hello! That's strange, I have an 05 but have 2 heating systems one for the front of the coach and one for the rear bedroom. My rear furnace also heats my bathroom and the front heats the basement where the tanks are located.
And we love the Atrium view!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium SE CAT 8410
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote