Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
Stengy

Default Power Mirrors

Drove our "new" used 2005 SunVoyager from Indiana home to West Michigan yesterday and are really happy with it. The previous owners took great care of it inside and out. The only thing we've found so far not operating are the power mirrors. Probably not a fuse because other things would be down as well...I think, just a short? Appreciate any ideas. We also want to remove and replace the original TV's...any helpful hints on that would be appreciated as well!

Andy & Paula
Stengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
Chuck v

On my Tour Master coach the power mirror control had a joystick and a small rocker switch that selected which mirror is being adjusted...this rocker also had a center off position where the joystick did not impact wither mirror. Your coach may be quite different, but look for an 'enable' function on or near the mirror selection switch/control.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
Stengy

Thanks for the reply Chuck. Yes there is an enable switch w/ a LED indicator. It doesn't light up in the "ON" position, so I thought it be shorted. That's about where my expertise ends.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
Chuck v

The fuse for the mirrors will likely be in the grouping of "chassis" related items like the fuel pump, headlights, turn signals, power steps and such -- and not with the 'house' loads like the internal light fixtures, etc.

There were many fuse blocks on my coach, but the chassis related ones were in the basement compartment under the driver's window or under the dash...

Of course, it could still be a loose connection or a burned wire in the harness...either of which will be a lot harder to locate.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #5
Stengy

I located the fuse(15Amp) in the electrical compartment below the drivers door. I switched out another fuse but the mirrors still don't work. I have a buddy who is a journeyman electrician that charges $20/hr plus a beer or three and can fix and wire up anything...my next call. Thanks for your help Chuck!
Old 03-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #6
[email protected]

Send a message via AIM to kenjohnston83@gmail.com

Hey Chuck. As per my previous comment a couple of weeks ago, there isn't anything you don't know about this stuff and you're a really thoughtful person to be so helpful in this community.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:29 PM   #7
bharbison2500

Default Fuse

My 1999 Sun Voyager had a inline glass fuse holder under the cover with the rocker switches and power mirror controls. I added a fuse block in the electrical compartment the mirrors and other 12V house and chassis devices.

1999 Gulfstream Sun Voyager 8362SVB
Cummins ISL 8.3L 275HP Allison
NSA Readybrake with Ready Brute Elite II
2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Toad
bharbison2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:06 PM   #8
MrWilsonSL

Hello. Just wondering if you found the problem with your mirrors and resolved it. I am having the same problem with my 06 Sun Voyager, as well as air horns that don’t work. Checked all the fuses, all ok, so I’m stumped. I don’t know if the air horns and mirrors are on the same circuit or if I have two separate issues. Thanks in advance!
MrWilsonSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #9
bharbison2500

MrWilsonSL,

I added a blade fuse-block from AutoZone to for any 12V console items that I couldn't trace out to fine a fuse. I believe the fuse-block has 10 circuits. My Air Horns didn't work either, I replaced the solenoid and ran new wiring to the solenoid from the switch on the dash. The solenoid for my air horns was on the drivers side under the "hood" on the "fire wall", I had to dig it out of the spray foam.

I have found some interesting things just by removing panels and seeing what behind them. My dash air didn't work, I just happened to find two 25A blade fuses tucked up behind the instrument cluster. One of the two fuses was blown, I replaced it and the compressor kicked on. The high side of the Freon was low i had it charged and my dash air is fine. The use of wire nuts from the factory is why some things just quit working or short out. I replace every wire nut I come across with crimp male and female connectors. If you have a Spartan chassis their wiring diagram is a good start even if you can't find your exact year.

Hope that helps.
bharbison2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:10 PM   #10
MrWilsonSL

Good tips, thanks! I have a workhorse chassis and cant find any wiring diagrams for it yet. I’ll look for the solenoid. Any idea on the mirrors?
MrWilsonSL is offline   Reply With Quote