Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
tarheel

Default Tourmaster Water Pressure?

I don't have very good water pressure in my kitchen or shower at the park we're staying in Florida. It has been somewhat of a problem since I got the coach. The water pressure at the outside connection appears to be very adequate. Someone told me that there might be an inside water pressure regulator built in the manifold system. If there is, I haven't been able to find it.

When I shut off the outside water supply and use my pump, the pressure is good. I've changed my filter, but that didn't seem to help. Also, muy neighbors saky that their pressure is good.

Any suggestions?

Dick
Old 12-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Arthur Hayes

I have read and re-read your post several times trying to come up with a solution. First I would look at the position of the shut off valves at the manifold and be certain that they are in the full open position. Second, remove the shower head and use a lime remover product to remove any build up of minerals, do this on the other faucets as well. The filter we have in the compartment with the manifold only filters the water going to the refrigerator and the small tap at the kitchen sink.

Hope you find the problem.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
tarheel

Art-
Thanks for your tips. I think I found the problem with the two heads (kitchen and shower) both having a lot of junk in them behind the inserts. I had checked them previously, but hadn't removed the plastic inserts that blocked the debris. I guess since my coach had been sitting around for a couple of years, there hadn't been much of an opportunity for the construction dirt, etc. to get washed out. After I rinsed the foreign elements out of the inside, the pressure improved.

Thanks again!

Dick
Old 01-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #4
Midniteoyl

However, wouldnt having crud in the faucets also cause low pressure when on the pump?

Another place to look is the checkvalve at the outside connection..

'89 Sun Vista Hi-Rise
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Anouk

Default Re: Tourmaster Water Pressure?

This problem could usually be limited to a fixture so you might want to try unscrewing the in-line devices like the faucet aerator or the showerhead with pliers and cleaning up or replacing the clogged parts of these devices. You can try soaking the showerhead in a vinegar and water solution to dissolve the deposit of minerals. This might help clean it up and set the water pressure correct.

Otherwise, the problem could be a bad pressure regulator. So long as nothing is running, everything looks fine, but when you try to draw water, it does not open and eventually causes a drop in pressure.