Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-11-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
ship

Default New owner

Just acquired a 1999 36' Sun Voyager. All systems seem to work but has water damage. Only has 64 thousand miles. Need to replace some of the floor. would love to chat with anyone that has done this job.
Look forward to learning lots of good tips from this forum.

Ship
ship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 02:31 PM   #2
Big Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship View Post
Just acquired a 1999 36' Sun Voyager. All systems seem to work but has water damage. Only has 64 thousand miles. Need to replace some of the floor. would love to chat with anyone that has done this job.
Look forward to learning lots of good tips from this forum.

Ship
I have never done it, but I have to do it ASAP on my 2005 Independence 36' coach. I've been looking at some online videos and have a good idea how. The work should be the same no matter what coach you have, the main difference is what equipment/furniture you have to remove to do the work. One video showed a guy using Coosa board to do the subfloor, it's lightweight and waterproof, but expensive. I will be looking into what other waterproof or water resistant material is out there for subfloor replacement. What to use to top off the subfloor is simple, there are a lot of thin waterproof wood look flooring planks out there you can use. Oh yes, don't know how the stringers look like yet, but if some need replacement I'll be using pressure treated wood. Good luck. Ed
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:50 PM   #3
Bike Dr

Hello gentlemen.

Tinkering with my coach is one of my favorite hobbies I have done many upgrades and like you about to replace my flooring. Not due to water damage but normal wear. Replacing your subfloor is no worse in my opinion then your normal home. If you have carpentry skills there is nothing to it. Unfortunately today's prices on materials is pricey but if you are going to keep your coach or want it to last don't skimp on quality. I am looking into various types of flooring options and styles.i plan on starting that job after returning from Daytona in March when the weather breaks.
Hope to be some help to you in the future if needed and hear of your progress of your repairs..

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!

2005 41'4 ATRIUM 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' Weller's closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 Mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:15 AM   #4
Big Ed

Thanks for your feedback. Hope to hear of your progress. I'll probably work on mine in a few months. My wife gave me a rather large "Honey Do List", what can I say, you know who's da Boss! I think I used to work less before I retired...lol.
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote