Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-25-2021, 06:33 PM   #1
WV1995ScenicCruz

Default what is a "J Block" near the engine?

I have a 1995 scenic cruiser 8430

been trying to get it working again after many years in storage

One thread referred to a "J Block" as the source of some electrical issues.

I had the chassis side batteries unable to supply to the dash ignition or engine and only got it working by providing a jumper from the batteries directly to the starter which then powered everything. I am trying to trace wires, but.... HELP !!
WV1995ScenicCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
Sundancer268

Have you gone to Spartan for your Wiring Diagrams? If you give them your VIN Number they will supply you with a PDF file of the chassis wiring. Don't bother trying to talk to Gulf Stream as they are useless for our vintage coaches. I have the 8344 so I am not sure my wiring diagrams would help. This will not show any modifications that Gulf Stream made to the system. Have you checked the Battery Control Center (BCC), this is where GS made major modifications to the wiring and if one of the latching relays has failed in the open position, you will not have power to the chassis systems with few exceptions.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
RY469

Typically there is a large gauge cable going directly from the positive terminal of the chassis batteries to the starter solenoid on the engine. If this has corroded, or the associated ground cable from negative terminal to the frame is corroded, this issue will occur. Have you checked integrity of the connections? Storage allows lots of corrosion to occur. My 2-cents.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote