Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
happytrails

Default 2008 27' Yellowstone Cruiser LR slide & receiver slop.

I did not like the Leather Lounger Sofa that came in my unit so today I removed it so I can put in 2 recliners. When I got it out of the coach and saw how they ran the power (DC for the sofa & a/c for the over head outlet) it makes you think they are using totaly unskilled help to wire the units. Power has been ran thru floor and coiled on floor then up thru the wall for the outlet. Also a splice box on the floor back by the wall. Will have to rewire the a/c and stub off the d/c.
Also the receiver for the tow bar had lots of slop from side to side and up and down. So added weld beads to the tow bar so that it fits tight in the receiver. Did the same with the base plate attachments. Will let you know after I get back from the Indio CA FMCA Rally if it really helped a lot. My friend did his and make for a lot more stable tow. Have driven mine about 3000 miles and sure beats the Class A's I have had for driveability. Tow a Suzuki Grand Vitara so have a little weight back there. Have averaged just under 9 MPG. Darv