Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Chuck v

Default coach rocking even with leveling jacks down

Just took my coach out of the RV park where I have been living while working remotely from the new house -- first time it has moved in a few months and I went to get it serviced and detailed. I had thought that I had noticed it rocking a bit more than usual, but my wife has been here too and I just wrote it off to my not being sensitive to the motion with just me here. Now that we are back in our slip and I have put the leveling jacks down and the slides out...it seems to rock even more than before our short outing to the shop. Any ideas?? This weekend during daylight I will check the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir.

I know that the front two leveling jacks are valved such that they share the weight at that end of the coach and the rear two make a "tripod" with the front to achieve side to side and front to back leveling. Can something happen to the valving such that the rear also provides no side to side rocking limit? If anyone has ever had a similar set of symptoms, please enlighten me...thanks! This park site is pretty level itself, so I can't really tell for certain if the jacks are actually taking any weight off the suspension, but they seem to be.

Is there something additionally I can do to reduce the rocking that comes from simply moving around in the coach?

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #2
tarheel

Default Re: coach rocking even with leveling jacks down

Chuck-
Have you tried to raise it up further to put more weight on the jacks to see if that makes a difference? It seems to me that sometimes when I put my jacks down just far enough to make contact and level, I have more motion than if I have to raise the coach higher in order to level. Just one thought!

Dick
Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Chuck v

Default Re: coach rocking even with leveling jacks down

Thanks Dick,

This morning I brought in the hydraulically operated slide and raised the leveler jacks and checked the fluid level. Also inspected for any leaks in the hoses/valves on the power unit -- everything was normal. I did take a larger share of the load with the jacks when I re-leveled the coach and now the rocking is much less. Guess I will just watch for any changes over time...just in case there is a very small bypass or leak.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote