Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #1
Sandrofelisio

Default Hallo from Italy, sone questions!

Hi u all,
I have a gulfstream independence 8295 my 2006.
I bought it on 15 february and i'm happy of it but i need some help bros.
Thats great, but i have some questions that i hope someone of tou experts could solve!
1) there is a full use manual to download? I really need it....
2) to open the slides i have to put the deive seat near the windscreen and switch the generator on.
Sometimes they do not open, sometimes they do but open half then i have to wait and they open more, sometimes i have to press many time the button in/out to open them and it is with all 3 buttons.
Why? Can you explain the full procedure stepbystep to open slides?
3) i broke my right rear view mirror, onnly the glass, can you suggest me a website to buy one online? Here in italy we do not have replacement parts.
4) where are located the batteries for the services and for the engine? Sometimes it seems the engine start is loww batteries!
5) how to correct use the park feet and level the motorhome correctly!

Thanks a lot bro, hope you will help me!

Many regards from italy!!
Sandrofelisio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
GulfStream1

Default Re: Hallo from Italy, sone questions!

On all Gulf Stream coaches that I know off you have to move the drivers seat all the way forward in order for your slides to work. Now you mention that your slide only goes out part of the way and you have to make several attempts to get it out all the way. I had a similar problem and it was the switch to activate the slide motor. Replaced it and the problem was solved.

Now as to why you have to start the generator to move the slides sounds to me like your house batteries need replacing. I believe your motor home is a gasoline motor home and it probably has three batteries two for the house and one for the engine which is probably a V-10 Ford. I am not really familiar with the Gulf Stream Independence but the last gasoline motor home that I had the batteries were under a cover by the door entrance. If the batteries are good you should be able to move the slides in and out without starting the generator.

Now on how to use the levelers. Yours might be different from mine because I have the Scenic Cruiser which is diesel pusher, but what I do is to bring the jacks down two at a time until they barely touch the ground. Then bring the other two until they both touch the ground also. You should have two levels on the side panel. Just use the level to direct you on which jack to lower down until the coach is level. Very easy! Once your coach is level then just apply a little pressure on all four to get a solid platform.

As to the mirror you might try PPL RV Parts . They are in Texas and carry a wide variety of parts for RV's, Not sure if you can get the mirror only though. Might have to buy the whole thing, but you can give them a call and they can guide you more then I can on that issue.

As for a manual I have no idea where you might be able to get one. Have you tried to call Gulf Stream and ask them how you could down load a PDF of your coach?
GulfStream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:43 AM   #3
Sandrofelisio

Thank you so much!!
I write them a message and i hope they can easily help me!
I did not find my motorhome in the list, and did not find the rear view mirrors probably because i have some problems with the exact terms of the things.
I'm Italian and for example the "jack" is the audio connector, not the ground foot!!

Anyway hope they will help me to find the new mirror glass.

I tried again with the slides and this time without the generator it works ok... so could be the generator switch doesn't work well?
It's the same that works when only on batteries?

The level system i have is this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l83esdeegunt ... l.png?dl=0
what i do not understand is how to put one out and one in.
I can put the two front together out
I can put the two rear together out
I can adjust one (right for example) out
I can pull all in but not one in
For example if I exceed to put out the front, how can i pull them in a little bit?

It's normal that when i'm on the road travelling all leds flash together?

Thank you so much for your replyes, to have an american rv in italy is really dofficult but the passione is a great thing!!

Ciao from Italy
Sandro
Old 03-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
Chuck v

Sandro,

Slide extension/retraction works best when the coach is level, so always get level before putting the slides out.

The leveling system is quite similar to the one on my 2007 Tour Master and is made by Power Gear. All lights flashing at once is an indication of a controller error. Here are the error codes from the old Power Gear website.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...bd_dd5eIEYjtkw

I have had some issues accessing this site, so if you PM me an e-mail address, I can send you my PDF copies of the information. I also have a fairly generic coach manual from Gulf Stream that I can send

On my coach, the leveling procedure I use is this:
First I lower the air suspension (your gas coach probably does have this so just skip ahead...)
Then I raise the front of the coach by pressing and holding the Front button until the front comes up at least two inches. You are correct that both jacks in the front are operated by this single button.
Next lower the two rear jacks by pressing and holding the Rear button. They don't always touch down at the same time -- don' worry.
Next add down force to either L or R rear jacks using their individual buttons (this is also how you get both rear jacks touching down in above step)
You will note that when you first began using the rear jacks that the front pair became valved together -- allowing them to accommodate side to side leveling but not drop the front height...

If your leveling unit is a semi-automatic some its operation may be slightly different.

I use an electronic level indicator to know how much to raise the back and what side is needing to come up to level side to side. As you have noted, you can only continuing lowering the jacks as individual rear units or the front as a pair -- when you retract the jacks they all come up at once.

Here is the level indicator I use which I place on the floor where it is easily seen from the driver's seat. http://www.amazon.com/Camco-25505-EZ.../dp/B00DW954UC

Hope this helps...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Sandrofelisio

Hi all!!
Thanks a lot for the thiusands of helps!!
I have a new question.
Today my rv looses water from under the floor under the furnace.
There is a small gum pipe and the drops come from there.
Whats is that pipe? What is for?
It's normal it loose water
It appears clean water, no smell no foam...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9sdywuioib94 ... 6.jpg?dl=0

Tomorrow i would like to have a tour... It,s safe with that water??

Thanks and sorry... I'm new user american rv....
Old 03-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
Chuck v

Sandro,

I am not familiar with the plumbing of your coach, but if the tubing is indeed soft rubber (what you call 'gum') then it most likely is just an overflow or drain and not a pressurized pipe...is the water coming from an open end of such a tube, or is it in the middle of a run? How much water is involved -- much less than a liter, much more, or continuous?

Are you presently connected to a shore water supply (via garden hose connection) -- I ask because there is a check valve in the water system that keeps the on board fresh water tank from filling when you are using external pressure water. If that check valve seeps a bit, over time the fresh water tank will fill to overflowing.

A picture of your water leak and its source will help members here with your model coach better address your issue.

If it is a small fresh water leak associated with being connected to external pressure water, it should stop when that water is shut off. It is a good idea to use a pressure regulator to keep the pressure in the coach plumbing under 40 to 50 PSI or so, and small in-line regulators are sold in RV supply stores for just this purpose: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...FUVhfgodNQYHJg

Enjoy your upcoming trip!!

Chuck

Old 03-11-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
Sandrofelisio

Hi chuck!!
I'm not connected to external water.
I do not use the furnace
I drive a few miles (20) then in the garage again.
After 3 hour approx half liter on the ground.
One drop every 15 seconds continuosly.

I try to post a video and some pictures:
Here a video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/emeayha7trpfv ... p.mp4?dl=0

Here pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grwmwf6h90j3c ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vumdttpiqy5y ... 0.jpg?dl=0

Hope this help!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #8
Chuck v

Sandro,

Please excuse the spam post that is immediately above, this site's filter is not perfect...

That drain looks like it might be from the dash air conditioner, was that in use during your short drive and was it a humid day there? The shape of the drain implies that it is just that -- a drain for condensate.

Chuck

Old 03-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
GulfStream1

I have a drain tube in that area and it is the overfill tube for the fresh water tank. You must have the water tank filled all the way to the top.
GulfStream1 is offline   Reply With Quote