Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
curlyjoe gulf 03

Default hydr jacks and slides will not extend

We have a 2003 GS. friendship. the jacks and 2 hydro slides will not extend. We just took the unit out of winter storage. 6 months outside and covered in SD. I had the rams extended during storage. and shut off all of the power switches in the coach. including the 2 main switches in the main power comp. behind the right rear duels ( the first time I had ever shut these switches off) When we took it out of storage everything worked. turned all switches on started the coach lifted the rams. the small hydraulic bed room slide was slightly opened at the bottom. ( I suspect that there is a leaking one way valve on that slide.) SO before hitting the road I jump back in shut the coach off and run the slide in. All is good. Start up, release the parking brake and I am on the way to Rapid City. GOT HERE SAFE. set up, and the rams or slides won't extend. SO I get out the manuals and go through the check list. seat forward, etc. About this same time I notice that the hydraulic pump is not working . SO I start looking for a 50 amp 12 volt breaker. can't find the breaker in either elec. comp. that the manual says. I call the local dealer where we bought the coach. He tells me the same thing the book says. and there solution to the problem would be to look for it until they find it. I call GS. there tech. says the fuse or breaker will be by the hydro . and also check fluid. found the pump but no fuse. pump was about a qt. low so filled it. tried again still nothing. now I get a light and a dinging bell that tells me that my parking break is not set. I don't know where to go from here. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you DALE
curlyjoe gulf 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
Beaufort NC

Default Re: hydr jacks and slides will not extend

We had a similar problem with our Crescendo('06). We wound up having to replace the jacks control panel, which fixed the problem.
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
curlyjoe gulf 03

JENN and PETE thank you for your response. We had an R.V. guy come out yesterday and he told me basically the same. Bad control panel. I contacted the DEWALD co. (they make this system) They told me the system is out of date and the control board is no longer available. Their suggestion was to send the control panel in to a company and see if it can be repaired. So thank you again for the response and if we do get this working we will I will be glad to let everyone know. DALE and SUE
Old 05-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
RayChez1

There is a circuit breaker on the passenger side rear compartment that trips and both levelers and slides will not work. Some are a push button type circuit breaker reset, but on mine it is a small lever about half inch in length. If you look real careful you will spot it. It will be red, just reset it and the slides and levelers should work. Sorry so late, but I was out traveling on my coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
curlyjoe gulf 03

RAYCHEZ great to get your response. I was hoping that you would respond as I can see you are willing to offer advice when people need it. Our problem has not changed we are still living without 2 slides out or the jacks set. I have been working on this problem for ever it seems . We sent the control board in to M and M electronics (recommended by Power Gear) and had it fixed. there was a bad transistor. received it on the 23rd. installed it NO CHANGE. SO I downloaded the latest service manual and trouble shooting guide from power gear. It is full of a lot of wonderful info. checked all electrical circuits at the control panel as instructed. everything checked out. !So! I go down to the pump assembly. and start checking for power etc. @ the pump. HAVE POWER to the pump. checked solenoid (A and B) both are good. Checked the motor as instructed. ( It appears to be bad.) If I have done every thing right. NOW I am going to make arrangements to take our home to Colorado. to a dealer that assured me that he can fix the problem NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS ME. I just went out to my rear elec. compartment and checked for the umpth teen time for a breaker or something that looks like a switch or breaker and found nothing except the power switches that shut off the coach and chassis batteries. I want to thank all who have responded to my call for help and have listened to my rant. I will keep you posted. THANK YOU ALL. CURLY JOE.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
RayChez1

CurleyJoe, I am sending you a private message.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 06-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
curlyjoe gulf 03

There has been a lot going on since my first post. Nothing has really changed. We will be taking this coach to Denver for repair. and will keep you all posted when we find the problem. How ever I want to let every one know that I have had great response from this site. I especially want to thank RayChez for the concern and personal interest he has taken in trying to figure out this problem and guiding me through this forum. Thank You CurlyJoe
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
Dennis4809

Check the fuses in the front left compartment. There is a fuse that controls the pump. Had a occasion when the jacks wouldn't retract. Was a fuse. Most recently, none of the slides would extend. Again, a single 15 amp fuse.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 AM   #9
jackli

The smoke detector safety ,you can get more details at detectorall.com
jackli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #10
curlyjoe gulf 03

Dennis and Jack . Thank you both for the response. I did take every fuse out of their sockets and checked them (because they are so hard to see if they are blown even double checked if they looked bad.) nothing was tripped or blown. We have taken the coach to Denver CO. They have traced the problem to the pump motor. New one is ordered and will be installed shortly. I was able to trace the problem my self to the pump ( with the help I have received from this site and trouble shooting guides I received from PowerGear.) but was not sure if I had done it right. also didn't have the tools to exchange the motor. So this was are only option. thanks again to all and I will keep you posted curlyjoe
Old 06-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #11
RayChez1

Yes Curlyjoe, keep us posted as to what the problem ended up being the culprit. It might help some other person with the same problems. Sorry didn't get back to you any sooner. I have been on the go for the last three weeks.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 06-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #12
curlyjoe gulf 03

Ray Chez and all. We really don't have any positive news yet. We are still in beautiful Colorado. Waiting to get the motor home fixed. They did receive the new motor last Friday and was supposed to replace it today. However at this time I have not heard a word from them. so here we are. All I can say is I am sure glad that I have a son. living close by . So we don't have to pay for living quarters. This is really getting to by a pain. Thanks for keeping in touch. CURLYJOE
Old 06-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
RayChez1

Well Curley you can always go fishing at Rifle Gap reservoir it used to have some pretty good fishing while you wait.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
curlyjoe gulf 03

YO RAY Thought about doing some fishing while we were in colo. but didn't want to spend the bucks for a lisc. Any way I have good news for you all first of all they got our MH.fixed replaced the pump motor. Those little buggers are costly $550 bucks and another 425 to install it. Dirt cheap though compared to a complete system. So we are lucky there. I got the old motor so I could take it apart and find out why it quit. My son and I took it apart and found a loose connection on the ground wire. this motor has a heat strip that opens a set of points when the motor gets too hot. The points are connected with a spade connector and it had corroded so bad that it finally quit conducting. We cleaned it up put some electric grease on it and the motor works great. NOW I HAVE A SPARE. We are back in the Black hills of South Dakota and everything is good. Now I plan on doing some fly fishing in some of the near by lakes. and I am always looking for fishing partners. Just give me a couple days notice so I can catch up on the Honey do's CURLYJOE
Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
RayChez1

Great news that they found and repaired the problem. I figured there was a problem with the motor when you posted that you had power to the motor, but the motor would not turn. So now you have an extra electric motor.

Now go out there now and enjoy the rest of your vacation fishing and stay in touch with us in the forum.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 06-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
curlyjoe gulf 03

You. Bet I plan to do just that. Fish and relax. AND. All of you Gulf Streamers out there. I am really great full for the response. Not only have I learned a lot about this unit I am getting better on this texting thing. I will check in from time to time. And if can be of any help please let me know. THANK. You all. CURLYJOE
Old 06-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #17
curlyjoe gulf 03

O. Yea. I plan to do just that. Fish and relax. I want to thank you all once again for your responses and moral support. I do plan to keep in contact and if I can be of any help I plan to do so. I don"t spend a lot of time on the computer as you can tell but will check in more. Often here. THANK you all again. CURLY JOE.