Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
Will_VT

Default Return to Factory

Has anyone had their travel trailer returned to the factory for warranty work? if so, what was your experience? Has anyone had their RV bought back by Gulf Stream instead of repairing it under warranty? Thanks!
Will_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

hmmmm, sounds like you are not satisfied...

more details please
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #3
Will_VT

Not dissatisfied, concerned. Unit leaked significantly, still under warranty. Guess the dealer and Gulf Stream couldn't come to an agreement and the unit went back. Still waiting on an update...
Old 01-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #4
UAHaerospace

I've seen that in some special situations a unit will be taken to the Factory service center, versus the factory warranty paying for work at a dealer, where the dealer also may not have the capability for replacing roofs, etc.
If your unit is under warranty, then certainly the factory is responsible to make your unit right - no worries - it'll probably be better than 'new' when they've completed it.

I, though, would ask for a new warranty period to start from the day you retake possession of it, since you've not had use of it since you purchased it. It doesn't hurt to ask, and be firm about it.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:07 AM   #5
Will_VT

I did add the warranty request when Gulf Stream wanted me to review the work order. I hope you’re right regarding condition when we get it back. The dealer and I will go through the unit from top to bottom to verify it’s condition. I find the dealer service department very competent and they have the facility to do the work. The dealer has been great through this process. Thanks for replying.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #6
Will_VT

Default Update

Received our unit back in May due to the pandemic instead of March when it got back to VT. Went through it with the dealer...I crawled over every inch of the unit. Disappointed in a few things, i.e. why kneel on the front panel and leave a dent in it? Overall, I'm satisfied it doesn't leak. I did have to be diligent during the repairs, reviewing photos of the ongoing work, communicating with the factory. Had to be firm a few times. I hope this is unusual in the world of RV's.