Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #1
Diggingashes

Default OTR microwave removal

I have a 2006 BT 5291 and have a problem with the microwave. I need to remove it but can't see where the top mount is accessed. Looks like I may have to remove the top slide trim board. Any ideas?
Diggingashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
JRStoys

There should be 2 screws on the top may have to remove the trim than tilt the top toward you and lift out it.
JRStoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
Diggingashes

I have changed similar microwave's in my house. Hated to have to remove the nailed on trim on the top face of the slide, but looks like that is my only choice.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
Fitz

I tried replying earlier but apparently did not work. I replaced the conv/microwave in my 2007 BT 5290 and had a lot of trouble. Finally discovered long small diameter bolts going up at an angle-entering a few inches back from the front bottom outer edges-going at an angle up to the bracket mounted on the wall at the top rear of the unit. The bolts screwed into the wall mounting bracket. The bolt head was hex as I recall and only about 1/4" in diameter. My old unit was an Amana radar range. Good luck, Howard
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #5
Diggingashes

Thanks Howard, I hadn't looked at that type of a mount, it didn't make any sense that I would have to tear the top wood trim off to find the mount. Not sure this makes any sense either!! Sure would be nice if the manufacturers of these things actually thought out that some owner might have to change things.