Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-17-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
Flower

Default 19BFD Vista Cruiser

Our 2018 Vista Cruiser vent covers have became brittle and fell apart the only thing that keeps rain from coming in is our rain covers. Can just the plastic be replaced or does the entire vent assembly the metal frame and all need to be replaced? Hope there are better quality covers with thicker plastic and made with a plastic that doesn't easily become brittle over time. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate the help, hope to use the camper soon I need to get it fixed. Thank you I have found out that just the plastic cover can be replaced now trying to find the right cover that will fit the three vents on a 2018 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser 19BFD. Plan on calling Gulf Stream customer service for help Monday. I found out it has a Elixir hinge and I ordered three Black Camco Polycarbonate covers #40178 from Walmart.com.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
Flower

I replaced the vent covers today I wasn't sure about the covers being black but once they were in place I like them. It was fairly easy except the bathroom vent had to remove the fan which took a little more time. The new covers being made out of poly carbonate will last a long time much longer than the ones I replaced. While I was up on the roof I washed it and inspected the sealants everything looks good we are set to travel again.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote