Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
exspand

Default Our 6372

We bought a SuperNova at the end of last year (October) and so far it is our favorite Motorhome to date, this being our 5th one.
I wanted to list the quality control issues we have had since taking delivery, and other rambling thoughts. We bought from an out of state dealer?they delivered the unit and picked up my 05 Endura as a trade in.
This unit came with every option available at the time for this model.

Plastic air intake trim piece on hood missing.

Bolt for front bumper missing.

Passenger step at gas tank missing lag screw to secure it.

Engine heater plug at driver door does not open. The flap does not clear the step over the gas tank. (not a big deal in Arizona, so no action taken on this item yet)

One leveling jack motor was in-op at delivery, so none of them worked until it was repalced.

Optional power converter in-op at delivery.

DVD player in-op at delivery.

Power awning keeps blowing the 5 amp fuse, still have not figured that one out yet.

The locks on both TV?s are a joke. No matter how tight they are or how you adjust them, a long trip always lets them loose for the TV?s to flap open. A simple arcadia door lock pin from Home Depot, drilled into the cabinet below keeps them where they need to be.

Shower floor had no support at the front, under the drain. Expandable foam in that area helped.

I installed TracVision A 7 for satellite and 2 vent covers. Bathroom fan is the normal cheap loud one in every RV?wish they offerd an upgrade vent in that area like they do the kitchen!

They never put any towel bars or hooks in these things? I installed about a 8 hooks/bars in areas you would think obvious, like the BATHROOM.

Love the shower and faucet, the door is neat but 2 of the plastic rollers at the top keep detaching themselves off the pins.

We love the storage space, every where?.wow!

Built in vacuum under the table bench seat was nice to see, normally something we have to add ourselves.

We towed a 24 foot box trailer recently to Mexico and back and got 6.7 mpg. The trailer weighs about 9000, with 900 tongue weight. I expect gas mileage will improve with a few more miles on the engine. (less than 4000 miles on unit, since it has sat most of the time waiting on repairs, since we got it)

Mine must have the 5.29 gearing, because it seems to cruise along nicely. Won?t go over 75 MPH, as others have stated.

Gulfstream is still my top choice, I just wish they would catch more of these things at the factory.
I would like to see more specific literature for the coach and it?s operations, rather than the standard blue covered pamphlet they put in every RV.
exspand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Texas TC

Glad you are enjoying your coach. I had heard about the shower pan weakness on the 6372 from many sources. I had hoped GS had found a fix for the later model coaches. You did not mention the bed lift motors so I guess that repair has been successful. The International issues will be easy to correct. I have found my local International dealer to be extremely helpful with chassis issues.

I added towel racks and hooks in my coach also. It looks like they would provide them when they build the coach but I guess that gives us something to do and complain about. (lol)

I guess the new coaches come with a speed governor at 75. My early production coach came with 617 gears that GS changed out to the 529 that all the new chassis come with. I guess by changing the gears, the governor stayed with the engine speed of 3200 rpm's rather than an actual speed governor. When I had a Kodiak chassis coach, it had a 75 mph governor and it got me into some white knuckle situations while passing vehicles and running out of speed coming up on some unexpected construction lane closures. Having over 85 mph on this coach is like a dream come true for me although I do not need that much speed very often.

The International chassis is unique in the motor home industry. The class 6 is so much better than the class 5 and IMHO the class 7 is overkill unless you need to tow an enormous amount of weight. I think GS hit a home run with this chassis on all the C class coaches they build it on.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
exspand

They told me to gently lift up on the headboard end of that plywood deck of the master bed as I push the button to retract it back in. It seems to work fine, but will not move in without that action on my part....and it only needs just that initial one or second lift assist, then retracts in fine.... so far.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #4

Default 6372 issues

DELETED
Old 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
exspand

How do I email you? I sent you a private message.....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #6

Default Email

DELETED