Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
gsadmin

Default My 2003 is now officially a "toad"

Well, after six years of owning my Mini and nearly five owning my Gulf Stream, I have decided to marry the two.

This week I had a Blue Ox tow plate installed on my Mini along with their light kit. It really is not that noticable in the front grill and that is the main reason I went ahead with it.

I picked up a screaming deal on the Aventa LS tow bar from Blue Ox as well.

All in (towbar, plate, cables, electrical, and full installation - 4-hours) on my Mini set me back just under $1500. For this kind of set up that was a smokin deal. I got the parts at RVUpgrades.com and they even negotiated the prices lower and gave me free shipping to boot.

I also bought an Ultra-Guard for the back of the coach and the angle iron to mount it. I did this myself in the course of about 1.5 hours total.

Now I am all set for my trip to Cali next week. Too bad I can't towm my boat AND car at the same time!
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
lockdoc

Sounds cool but you know what they say......a picture is worth!!! I for one would like to see a pic of that marriage! Happy camping and motoring!
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
03heritagerider

OH CONTRAIRE!!(sp.)
We too had more toys than towing capacity. First it was a tow dolly for the Sebring. Then the Harley was added. That resulted in an Overbuilt lift for the bike and the dolly attached to that. Then it was a tow bar for the car hooked to the Overbilt. Then because of the constant damage to the front end of the car from rocks off the rear of the MH, we borrowed a friends 20 foot trailier. Slid the bike in sideways using the bike jack, and pulled the car in behind. Then the wife bought a Harley Trike. Then we bought a 24 foot trailer. Was able to get both bikes in the front of the trailer and the car behind. VERY tight fit. Sebring dies and we get a SMART car. Now there's room in the trailer for another bike or a quad or maybe a hot tub! MORAL: You want to take the boat? There's a way!!!!