Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Liv2RidMIke

Default Convert endura overhead entertainment center to a bed?

Any tips, suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciated. I want to convert the overhead entertainment center to a large bed in my 2004 32 ft endura.

Thanks for reading my question
Liv2RidMIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Zcurves

Default Re: Convert endura overhead entertainment center to a bed?

I have a 2005 Endura and asked the local RV dealership the same question. They guestimated around $2500. When they started putting together an actual quote, they called Gulfstream. Gulfstream told them that they sold all of their old OEM stock a couple years ago when the company was going through tough financial times. They did not disclose who bought the parts. I think I can pull out the entertainment center myself, have the RV shop finish the cap with fabric, buy a twin mattress, and have a friend build a TV cabinet like the OEM option.
Zcurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Liv2RidMIke

Maybe put a flat screen ontop of the door and rear seat?
Let me know if you pull the trigger
Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Zcurves

I pulled the entertainment center this weekend. The previous owner didn't stay up on maintenance and I found water behind the television. I've sealed the marker lights and the front lower seams (above the side doors and windshield). It's still leaking from somewhere. I have to resolve the issue before I can think about building it back. I'm going to have to replace some of the wood in the structure. The carpet has been pulled back and the vinyl backed board under the carpet has been removed to expose the structure. I'm thinking I can find another vinyl board at a mobile home store.

Regarding putting a TV in the cabinet above the passenger seat, I've thought about moving the cabinet doors to the cabinet above the door and putting a TV in there. I don't really use that cabinet anyway. But then I'd still have to find a place for the DVD player/stereo. I'm still thinking that I'll build a cabinet like the OEM option for TV and dvd/stereo. Any chance we can find someone on the forum to get measurements or theirs?
Zcurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
Liv2RidMIke

That would be much appreciated if someone can take some pictures as well of the bunk area above the driver and passengers seats.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #6
Hotdogwater

I'll try to take photos of mine and measure if you still need it. Packing for xcountry trip this week and have the factory bunk in my 06 endura.
Hotdogwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
Liv2RidMIke

U already did it, came out better then expected, thanks...
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
cal_endura

I was just wondering how you guys think your mods came out? I have an '05 6340 and wanted to do the same exact thing.
Get rid of that 200 lb old TV up there (put it over the door like suggested above) since its har dto see from the couch anyway.
My biggest concern was how to finish off the walls/ceiling to match the current finishings.

Appreciate any help you guys an give! Dave...
cal_endura is offline   Reply With Quote