Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Bvanslyke

Default Hello! New here, looking for info

New forum member from West Michigan. Looking to buy a new 2018 Gulf Stream Conquest Lite 268BH. I would like to get information and owner opinions from current Gulf Stream owners. Nice to meet you!
Bvanslyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:35 AM   #2
Sudsy

I'll say this. My 2005 Class A Gulf Stream is built as well as any other class A. Gulf Stream has been around for a long time. I still get support for my 2005 coach even though they stopped making Class A coaches in 2011. I had many Travel Trailers before getting this motor home. Quality is hard to find these days and I can recommend but will also say look closely at construction of interior. Don't buy a smooth sided unit if you plan to keep it. The aluminum sided units are much more durable/serviceable than the smooth sided camper. (honestly I just looked up your model and saw the siding). But Yea!!!

Sudsy
Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
Bvanslyke

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Good to hear that Gulf Stream stands behind the product. And I agree, I have seen so many smooth sided fiberglass travel trailers with de-lamination issues that it played a major factor in shopping for an aluminum/standard construction model. This was my primary concern- outside construction, water leaks, etc. I can deal with a cheaply made interior (we camp maybe maybe 20-30 days out of the year),but leaks are unacceptable. It is also why we are buying new this time. Of every used trailer that I have purchased, no matter how well that I look them over, I always find something that I wish I had seen before the sale.
Bvanslyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvanslyke View Post
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Good to hear that Gulf Stream stands behind the product. And I agree, I have seen so many smooth sided fiberglass travel trailers with de-lamination issues that it played a major factor in shopping for an aluminum/standard construction model. This was my primary concern- outside construction, water leaks, etc. I can deal with a cheaply made interior (we camp maybe maybe 20-30 days out of the year),but leaks are unacceptable. It is also why we are buying new this time. Of every used trailer that I have purchased, no matter how well that I look them over, I always find something that I wish I had seen before the sale.
Well now that you are starting fresh be sure to keep that rubber roof clean and sealed. There are special sealers that need to be applied to the entire surface and then there are the places that need to be sealed. Pipes and vents/AC etc.

The point is to keep the leaks away. Don't store it under a tree if possible. Sap will really be hard to get off. My 2005 Class A has a fiberglass roof like a bus.

Sudsy
Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #5
exjay

Welcome! Same here on the "always find something that I wish I had seen before the sale". Our used Jayco we bought had a hidden floor repair from an old water leak that eventually kept wicking in the floor and caused soft spots over 2 yrs. Oh, a dealer made this repair and covered it up with carpet before we bought it