Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
trickto322

Default New floor plan

Has anyone seen the new floor plan on the Tourmaster? They have a full page add in this months "Family Motor Coaching". It has a full wall slide. Nice, real nice! (www.tourmasterrv.com)
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 AM   #2
earljan34

I seen the add real impressive but it makes me wonder as they had so many problems with leaks on the small slides what this full wall slide going to be like!! I would have no faith in it at all as I had many problems with my 2 slides (slides not coming in and leaks) this is only my opinion. Did you see the other add that GS put in the magazine. about there Gold Program? This add states GS goes the extra mile for our family of customers I will site just one statement (prompt personal attention that is informative) now unless things have really changed that is a big line of bull they don't return phone calls and this statement is from personal experience not what others have posted.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
....as I had many problems with my 2 slides (slides not coming in and leaks)...
Earl

Earl, did you have problems with your slides not coming in? Curious because that's what happened to my livingroom slide.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
earljan34

Bob, Yes the living room slide did not come in without a push from outside Jan worked the switch and I pushed! Its fixed now if you want we can look at it in June or do you want to fix it before? I can only tell you what we did to fix mine.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #5
RJ82much

Last season, my slide was getting slower when closing. When I went out to GS factory last autumn for other repairs, the slide would not come in as I was packing to come home. So I stayed the weekend & at start of business Monday morning, I was camped on their headquarters office doorsteps. A tech came right over, pushed the slide in as you described. They took my coach back thru the factory, replaced a guide bar with a guide wheel (or vice versa) and the unit worked great for the rest of the season.

I'll admit I'm holding my breath, but, like you, I know what to do if it won't come in. It is a problem if you don't have a 2nd pair of hands available though.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
trickto322

can you imagine trying to push that full wall slide or if it starts to leak?
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickto322
can you imagine trying to push that full wall slide or if it starts to leak?
Sure, Just more hands needed!

Anything that moves is eventually not going to move or function as designed. It is not a question of "If" but "When". Hopefully, the quality is put into it so that it will be many years down the road before a failure as long as it is maintained as required.

The main problem with any component is that if the maintenance requirements are not known or released by the manufacturer then the failure will be shortcoming. Luckily, as far as the slides, they are very few or no maintenance required on them other than keeping the seals clean and possibly use "303" on them to prevent sticking and UV damage.

I have not seen the full wall slide produced by GS as yet, but I am sure it will be at the "Back Home Rally" next month and will do a close inspection of it then. After then I will give my comments on it.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote