Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
Raymond James

Default Considering 2007 Gulf Stream Prairie Schooner 34 FLR

Hi!

We are new (as of last summer) to RVing. We presently have a 2004 25' Fleetwood Mallard travel trailer but are getting ready to retire and go into full time RVing. We are considering the above unit, which we drove up to Virginia yesterday to see.

We have many questions but, more importantly, we would love to hear from anyone who owns this model and perhaps thery could please share with us the plusses and minuses about this unit.

Thanks,

Ray and Margaret
Raymond James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
earljan34

Ray & Margaret Welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone will be along to give you the advice you need I can't help as we are MH owners and never owned a 5er.

Earl & Jan

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Larry Moore

Hi Ray
I read your post yesterday. I was hoping you would get a response from someone with that unit. But I also do not want you to think your post was being ignored, so here goes. We have a Yellowstone 29FBS, we have been full timing in it for a little over a year. We have had some minor issues that were fixed at the dealers and some I took care of myself. All of these IMHO are what we can expect in a new unit. We have had two major issues. One was a stress crack that propagated from the corner of the bedroom slide. This was fixed at the factory. I do not think this problem would/should show up in a new unit Gulf Stream Coach new the problem and the fix when I took it in, so I would expect they gusset this area on new units (fix was to router out side wall and add gusset). The second issue is we have some spider cracks that just showed up and they want us to wait and take it back to the dealer in the spring. Some people have had problems with Gulf Stream Coach service aside from having to call my dealer to get a contact I have had no problems getting service. Oh by the way we like our Yellowstone
Larry
Larry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Timothy

Hi Ray, I too was hoping somebody with the unit your looking at would reply. It sure is good to see some posts in the fifth wheel section for a change.

I have a Canyon Trail and am pretty satisfied with the unit. I did have some wiring problems that occured after my warranty was expired and didn't receive much help with, other then that everything else was promptly addressed by either my dealer or Gulf Stream. I think if I would have pushed it a little more I would have gotton some help with the wiring but in the end I just repaired it myself.

I have looked at some Yellowstone fifth wheels, and really liked them. The Yellowstone is the same as the Prairie Schooner, just different graphics. Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
Jim forgrave

Send a message via ICQ to Jim forgrave

Hi Ray. We belong to the Michigan chapter of the Gulfstreamers RV Club and there are 2 of us that have identical 5ers as you are thinking about getting except for the name tag. We just love ours & have returned recently from snowbirding in Texas for 3 months with it. What a great floor plan! Our friends traded in their Crescendo Motor home for his Yellowstone 5th wheel because they were going "full time" & they wanted the extra room it gives. We had to fix a few things on ours but no matter where you go, you'll run into start up problems. We hated to trade in our 30' Seahawk for that very reason as we already had all the bugs out of it, but over-all, it was a great move for us and am sure you will be happy if you decide to take the plunge. Happy trails!!

https://photos.imageevent.com/jimandm...ler%20logo.jpg
Jim forgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #6
Coolbreeze

The more I get to know my trailer the better I like it. Gulfstream definetely put a lot of nice little touches on everything. I have had few little issues but far less then I had with my previous trailer.

Think you can't go too wrong with Gulfstream!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Brent

We have an 06 Prarier Sconner 34FMT, bought it Nov of last year. We did have a few minor problems but they were fix'ed.The trailer is definately a conversationpiecein any camp ground. You will not regret purchasing a Gulf Stream.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
BlackSilver

We're NOT fulltimers. We have a 2004 Prairie Schooner 34FBR, and have used it a lot snowbirding in the winter and as our portable lake cabin in northern Minnesota in the summer.

I consider the Prairie Schooner as a nice mid-priced trailer, good value for the money, but I wouldn't consider it up to the task of full time use. It just isn't built for that kind of service in my opinion.