Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
bpmore

Default Problems with Gulf Stream

I have had some extreme problems with the rig I purchased. It started from the very beginning. Its a lot of reading but well worth it if you are thinking about purchasing a Gulf Stream. Here is the link:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea ... 154217.cfm
Gulfstream 27FBD
bpmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
darbyjudy

Default Read about your problems with GS

How did you ever make out with GS? I hope they finally stepped up to the plate and did the right thing. It is a shame you had to go through what you did. All you were trying to do was buy a trailor so you and your family could enjoy a little camping. I know it must have been hard on you. I also had a problem with a MH I purchased that was a GS, It only had 2500 miles on it and was only in service for 6 months before I bought it. It had a water leak in the bedroom and ended up having to replace the floor in the bedroom. But not at GS expense. They maintained that it was not covered under warrenty to the second owner. It is a shame they don't think enough of their products tat they would not extend the warrenty to the second owner.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
bpmore

Default GUlf Stream

It was and is still a battle, they called today and said they are replacing it with a new 2006. The problem is I do not trust them. I will have to wait and see what is arrives
Gulfstream 27FBD
Old 03-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
darbyjudy

Default Good Luck

I know they are a lot of people watching and reading your posts and we all hope that GulfStream does the right thing. It is a shame it has taken so long and I am sure it has been stressful for you. Most of us do not have a lot of money and when we buy one of these things it represents a major purchase for us. I know my problems has caused me a lot of stress and I would lay awake at night wondering what I should do. Unfortunatly they hold all the cards and it is too bad that they can't realize what they are doing to people. One again I wish the best for you and I hope the next post I read from you is that it has been settled to your satisifaction.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
gsadmin

the internet is becoming the great equalizer. What alot of these companies have not yet figured out though is that it has permanence and persistence. In other words, it is a good idea to act on these things quickly and turn them into a CS success and have that out there for all time as opposed to what has happend here.

Google finds all, and things hang around forever...the world has changed...we are changing it...the companies that get it, get to stick around, those that don't will slowly die off and be eaten by their competitors that DO get it!
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
coolchas11

Excellent point. I only hope GS gets it.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
pkusmc

We purchased a 2007 Tourmaster the end of Dec and had problems right off the get-go. What ever happened to QA? It was lacking from GS and Long View RV in FL. We just dropped off our coach at the factory for them to correct everything from wind noise from entry door, air coming in from the living room slide, basemen doors that won't open all the way as the slide is in the way; wiring for cable hook-up screwed up,condensation in tail lights, front headlights not aligned, you have to hold the right directional when using it,shower leaks, kitchen faucet leaks, leak in the bedroom vanity w/water damage,.....I can go on.....some are minor problems, but we should not have received this coach in this condition. I hope the factory technicians are on the ball.. We will return for the coach when they get things right.

Pat
pkusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #8
coolchas11

Pat, I, too, hope the factory resolves everything for you. We had a problem with the hydraulic system and some minor items which Long View in CT will take care of. But, I agree with you. If the coaches were totally checked/reviewed at the factory and dealer we wouldn't have issues. When we received the GS survey I wrote that a "checker" is needed--FOR EVERYTHING. Maybe a list of 100-200+ items (small & large) to be tested prior to delivery. For example, the holes on 2 or 3 of the windows are not aligned properly. As a result the windows don't stay open. Why wasn't this caught? All in all, though, the Tour Master is a fine coach. Charlie
Old 04-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #9
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchas11
Pat, I, too, hope the factory resolves everything for you. We had a problem with the hydraulic system and some minor items which Long View in CT will take care of. But, I agree with you. If the coaches were totally checked/reviewed at the factory and dealer we wouldn't have issues. When we received the GS survey I wrote that a "checker" is needed--FOR EVERYTHING. Maybe a list of 100-200+ items (small & large) to be tested prior to delivery. For example, the holes on 2 or 3 of the windows are not aligned properly. As a result the windows don't stay open. Why wasn't this caught? All in all, though, the Tour Master is a fine coach. Charlie
Hey Charlie-

Try this on your windows.......http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=553
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
coolchas11

Thank you, lockdoc. I will try your remedy as soon as it's a bit warmer. Charlie
Old 05-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
Coolbreeze

The one thing that I noticed is that some of the larger problems have been on out of warranty coaches. Not that I defend it but I do understand it.

I hope you get your trailer all fixed. If it makes you feel any better my current Gulf Stream has been better at initial quality then the Keystone Outback I sold to buy the Gulf Stream.

Additionally a friend of mine who owns an Outback that is 3 years old was just told by his dealer. You sound like a handy guy maybe you can fix it. The sidewall seems to be seperating! Furthermore go to a lot that sells Forest River and see them de-laminating on the lot along with the front of the Outbacks. I must say I have seen it all.

All in all though I'm taking issue with these threads your posting on this site. It appears that your just trying to flame Gulfstream. Can't say I have a problem with that until of course I feel that you are de-valuing my unit. I read your entire thread on RV.net. You certainly got a lemon and were certainly screwed by your dealer on likely a faulty unit. Thing that gets me though why 4 years? If it has gone on for 4 years that is because you let it go on that long. Trade it, get a lawyer something else but please don't go on some rampage that potentially hurts the value of the investment of the people on this site. I'm sure the intent of the forum wasn't for that. Posting on RV.net will also usually never help. It is kind of like the wild, wild , west and they get all tied up into a tizzy. Kind of a wast of time to find anything other then just idle chatter over there. I also suppose if you found this site first then it would have been more helpful then RV.net.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
bpmore

Default 27FBD

I am sorry it you do not like the fact that I posted my issue that I had but you know it certainly did not hurt my cause.

The reason it took over 4 years is that every season the problem came back and every time they said they fixed it. I did not get a lawyer because I could not afford one and with 5 kids it would take took much of my time. No I did not let it go on, every year they assured me it was fixed. This was GS, I dealt directly with them because of the distance I was away from the dealer and the dealer washed his hands of me. GS stream would not return my calls, did not even know that my rig was sent back etc. As far as I am concerned they did not and do not care about the consumer or customer service. If the fact that I feel the company is this way than that is my opinion and that is all I have ever posted, my opinion. The rig was under warranty when this first started. Yes if I knew of this site I would of posted it here. However I do not agree with your views on RV.net as I believe this issue would not of been solved without that post. RV.net, in my opinion, is also very informative for those that want to learn about RVing. You just have to filter it some. RV.net is what finally got the fire going under Gulfstream. Anyone would be a fool in todays world not to recognize the Internet as a great tool and yes I used this tool to benfit my cause. If it was not legit than I would not have used it as I like to sleep at night. My intentions were not to "de-value" yours or anyones unit. I just did not know where to turn.
Gulfstream 27FBD
Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
Timothy

I think that if we had BP Moores problems we would be pissed at Gulf Stream too! I hope they do right by you so you can enjoy this years camping season.
RV.net has someone complaining about every brand out there so I don't know if your post is what caused the action by Gulf Stream, it sounds like your dealer could have done better too.
I don't think your post will devalue anybodys rig, only a fraction of RVers probably look at RV.net, most of the names are repetative posters on there.
Bottom line is your trailer should have been fixed properly when you first pointed it out and it wasn't, so Gulf Stream should pony up.
Good luck, and let us know how things work out for you
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
bpmore

Default Final outcome

Here is what I posted on RV.NET

Well here is the rest of the story

I picked up my new trailer today, it is not a supreme as my old one was but they added most of the upgrades. Hey its at least a 2007. The trailer was shipped on the 19 April to the dealer in Miramichi. When it arrives they said they would ship it to their dealer here in Fredericton. Mean while JS at Gulfstream send me the serial number and pics. Well the dealer here called and said that the trailer arrived. My wife and I went to go and look, surprise it was the basic model and not mine. I told the dealer that so he called Miramichi and they told him that was what Gulfstream sent. They did not know that JS sent me Pictures and serial number of the new trailer. I went home and called JS. He later called me back and said he did ship my trailer, that was not it and he would trace it. He called back and said it was in Miramichi so I called and they told me the transport company picked up the wrong trailer. How convient it was the weekend of their RV show. I told them that they have a 29DBS on the lot here that is the same or cheaper than mine and I would take it. Miramichi said it would cost another 10,000 dollars. I told them to service mine. It took almost 2 weeks for the trailer to arrive from Miramichi that is no more than 3 hours drive. I have my thoughts on what happened.

Thanks for the support, we have our trailer and its and its up for sale....

Thanks
Gulfstream 27FBD
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #15
Jim

the problems I have with Gulfstream is the gold program, go to the dealer, sit and wait , they need pictures, need to know what is wrong, then they cut the hrs, send the wrong parts, and after a long wait you get it fixed. It is not the dealers it is Gulfstream. I have been at 3 dealerships and never found a bad one. They all do their best to solve the problem but Gulfstream is the problem. They need to get rid of the gold program, have a good QC program, build defect free units and support the dealer service for the unit. Also when they make a change have a recall on the units that have been sold.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz

Jim- Good for you. You have a way of saying it. Hope they are reading.
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:06 PM   #17
Jim

the supply dept out did themselfs, the dealer service dept ordered a roller to hold up my slide and they sent a chair caster, I will be so glad to have my wantary run out, get off this gold program and start using my extended warenty where I can get the job done. This factory service not worth spit. I have been 15 miles from the factory and still get a parts order streight. Gulfstream has out donethem selves.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #18
RJ82much

Hmmmm,

You don't suppose they really use chair casters for this.............. NAH, couldn't.... (could they?)

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #19
Jim

got the right parts, going to an out side vender, now the slide rolls, and no thanks to gulfstream. I have never seen a customer service so screw up.