Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Nanaeve

Default Endura / International Class C

We'll be taking delivery of a 09 GS Endura 6340 on the International Chassis and I saw a listing for a "Through" PDI, Pre Delivery Inspection, does any one have such a thing as we will going to So Cal to get it from the Sacramento area
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
Texas TC

Here is a link to a fairly comprehensive PDI. I have been through two PDI's. One was very thorough and the other was fairly short. I did not worry too much about the short one because the dealer was only a mile from my house and I knew I could easily drop it off for warranty when the occasion arose. The long PDI was at a dealer some distance from the house so I was more careful to get more info and repairs done before I left the dealership. That dealer had a full service campsite set up at the dealership. I spent the first night there with a list of items to be repaired the next day before taking delivery. Even after the extensive PDI (first RV for us), I had questions about system operations after spending the first night in the rig at the dealership. Everything was explained or repaired to my satisfaction before I left the dealership.

Good luck.

http://www.rversonline.org/pac.htm

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
pchicky

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase! I think you will really like your new coach and the International chassis is great.

T.C. is correct, spend as much time as you can asking every question about every system.....try every latch on every door, and definitely everything to do with the water system. I bought my unit from a dealer almost 600 miles away and they were great to work with on the PDI. We found one water leak, one basement door that wouldn't latch properly, and few loose items. If you have the fridge with the automatic icemaker, be sure to have them cover the winterizing tips for it plus the rest of the rig. If anybody out there has not heard about the shortcut to winterizing the fridge, let me know and I'll be glad to put out a post.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
galena

pchicky
Yes I would like to see your tips, always looking for better ways on doing a task.
galena is offline   Reply With Quote