Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
fordcobra420

Default Propane

I have a '97 GS SC. At first everything was fine, except wasn't getting any hot water. Then fridge said to check and it wasn't getting propane and now the stove doesn't light. Had propane tank filled and was wondering if the regulator is the problem or just air? I was able to crack the line at the stove, but no gas. Also no gas to the furnace. This is my first motorhome and have a lot to learn. Any help would be appreciated. Also, the batteries are like 2003 on the inverter. The stereo will only play about a half an hour, then nothing. I have no clue, do I have the inverter switch on or off? Is the batteries just that old and need replaced? I see some upgrade to 4 6vt batts instead of 2 12vts. The person I bought her from really didn't know alot about her, but all good. Also, going to buy new tires, should I go with the 245/75/22.5 or something else. Thanks
fordcobra420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
rescue7

Default Re: Propane

When they fill the propane tank they usally shut off the main valve to the coach at the tank. Check to see if it is open.

Don
Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
RayChez1

If you are not getting any propane to the stove, frig and hot water heater, it has to be at the propane tank. Check to see if the valve is open and if it is not the problem, then check to see if you are getting any propane past the regulator. I had to change the regulator on mine, but mine had a bad leak and when you would open the valve, you could see the leak and the smell. Most big propane shops sell the regulators.
Also the flu for the refrigerator has to be cleaned out every year, if not the refrigerator might not work with propane.

House batteries usually last only like five years. I have four six volt interstate batteries on mine. The inverter I always leave it in the off position, unless I am dry camping, then I turn the inverter on.

I have 265X75 22.5 tires Toyo's Gives me a real nice ride.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

Look first at the hose connection to the tank and make sure it is completly tight. ( most fittings have a valve that is depressed when the fitting is tightened)Turn on the tank. Check to see if there is gas to the appliances again. Then check the regulator. If not working then I suppose the main line could be blocked.
There are several types and brands of inverters and controls for each may vary from yours as most coaches method of wiring will vary. I suggest you get the model and run a search on google. You should be able the find the mfg web site and get a manual.
Batteries tend to have a 4 to 6 year life. Yours are probably due. Most battery shops have load testers and they will probably test yours for free as they want the business.
Are you talking about a 110V stereo, or a 12V in the dash?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:51 AM   #5
magi111

Wow its really nice article....
Thanks for the great posting, I am looking for such types of information...

Tires Miami
magi111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by magi111
Wow its really nice article....
Thanks for the great posting, I am looking for such types of information...

Tires Miami

So what was the problem magi111? I believe most RVer's would like to know what the final solution was, it might help somebody that has encountered the same problem.
Ray
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote