Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
tarheel

Default Tourmaster Lettering

My 07 Tourmaster has to be repainted as a result of a worker at the storage area cutting the grass and weeds in the gravel area and spraying rock chips along both sides and the front. The damage is paint being chipped off in most of the different paint areas. If there is only one chip in one paint color, the entire paint strip or area has to be repainted. The paint colors where all of the raised Tourmaster lettering is located, requires the lettering to be removed. Additionally, they are going to clear coat the entire coach after each of the areas that need repainted is finished. Fortunately, the storage yard's insurance is going to pay the bill. Another damaged coach belonging to a friend of mine was just repainted at a cost of over $9,000.

I called Gulf Stream this morning and left a message asking if the raised Tourmaster lettering was available. My wife received the return call and was told that they were sending all of the lettering that they had left. I hope there is going to be enough, otherwise you may see a nice newly looking motorhome going down the highway and the lettering on the side may say "Tomaster", "urmaster", or "Toaster". Sorry, I couldn't resist the humor.

As we have suspected for a while, it sounds as if Tourmaster is a thing of the past.

Dick
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: Tourmaster Lettering

Funny!

But if you can't get all the letters, find a pinstripe artist in your area. Call the local Harley-Davidson dealer or a custom motorcycle shop if you can't find one. I had my Friendship repainted and they couldn't get the vinyl lettering for it. A pinstripe guy created new ones from a photo.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
tarheel

Default Re: Tourmaster Lettering

03Heritagerider -
The body shop foreman suggested the same thing about getting new lettering made. Said he had a source for getting raised lettering made. I'm going to wait and see what I receive before doing anything else about the lettering. If there is one complete set, I may put it on the front only, although there may be enough for the sides also, just not sure. Not have lettering down both sides won't upset me if that is the case. He also took several pictures to be sure the lettering and a couple decals would be put back in the proper place with proper spacing.
Dick