Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
viking

Default 07 Endura 6340 Super C

New to the group TODAY but have been lurking off and on over last couple years while I was on the hunt. Last summer I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2007 Super C with only 25K miles on it. It's in great shape for its age although does show some of being 13 years old. It spent it's life in Southern CA so front cap is all pealed and needs to be re-finished. But drove great on the 1200mi trip home last season and family loved the 3 months of use we got out of it before winter.

I have replaced the Head Unit and door speakers, TV's, and house battery bank (4six volt batts), LED headlights, added another set of bumper LEDs bars and air horn. Previous owner installed 3000watt solar system, rear air bags, and on central vac.

Happy to be part of the group and looking forward to getting out and using it this year especially with the nationwide lock down due to Covid19.

CHEERS

PS............
Shopping for a new Couch to replace the existing sleeper/sofa. Looked at all online outlets and found one a Thomas Payne 61" Tri-fold at etrailer.com for about the least expensive compared to everything else I found. If you've had good luck somewhere else that I haven't checked I'd be happy for your input.

Also Looking for a replacement Lighted Handle (or the lights themselves if they are replaceable?) Haven't tied into that yet.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #2
PaperRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
New to the group TODAY but have been lurking off and on over last couple years while I was on the hunt. Last summer I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2007 Super C with only 25K miles on it. It's in great shape for its age although does show some of being 13 years old. It spent it's life in Southern CA so front cap is all pealed and needs to be re-finished. But drove great on the 1200mi trip home last season and family loved the 3 months of use we got out of it before winter.

I have replaced the Head Unit and door speakers, TV's, and house battery bank (4six volt batts), LED headlights, added another set of bumper LEDs bars and air horn. Previous owner installed 3000watt solar system, rear air bags, and on central vac.

Happy to be part of the group and looking forward to getting out and using it this year especially with the nationwide lock down due to Covid19.

CHEERS

PS............
Shopping for a new Couch to replace the existing sleeper/sofa. Looked at all online outlets and found one a Thomas Payne 61" Tri-fold at etrailer.com for about the least expensive compared to everything else I found. If you've had good luck somewhere else that I haven't checked I'd be happy for your input.

Also Looking for a replacement Lighted Handle (or the lights themselves if they are replaceable?) Haven't tied into that yet.
Congratulations on the purchase and Welcome. I have a 2008 Gulfstream Endura 6341. Similar to your except I have the bunks. I replaced my couch with the recliners from RecPro.com. They have couches also.

I added the light to the entry handle. Purchased <$15 from Amazon or search the web for:

ITC (86430-LED ASSEM-DB Cool White Replacement LED Light Assembly for IllumaGrip Handles

Ron
PaperRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Ken Cowling

Hello Viking and welcome. I have a 2006 Endura 6340 with an 8.1 gas engine. Just 35000 miles and you did great finding such a low mileage coach. CONGRATS!!! My chassis is the Chev Kodiak Topkick 5500. I have had an issue with all exterior lights go out, marker, headlights etc They would come back on a couple of minutes (relay cooling and remaking contact). I find that the load of all the marker lights, headlights are to much for the relay. The relay is integral to the headlight switch and not changeable so the best thing is to reduce load. I have changed marker lights to LED but have had no luck with headlights. What headlights did you use. Thx. Ken from the Great White North
Ken Cowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:13 PM   #4
PaperRn

Default Headlights

Hi Ken, I have a 2008 6341 with the same engine and chassis as you. I had an issue where my headlights would cycle between being on to only DRL when using the high beams at night. Haven't tested since but I did replace the light switch. I also replaced the headlights with J.W. Speaker lights I purchased on Amazon. They're very pricey but much brighter than the stock head lights even with the high beams on.

Hope you're enjoying your coach.

Ron
PaperRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #5
viking

Hey Gents sorry I've been busy working on the camper and finally the yard since weather started to turn nice.

I did end up finding the ITC lights for the handle on Amazon but thanks for the reference PaperRn. I disassembled the handle to find that it WAS NOT wired?? Seems odd as it had the handle with fiber optic. So I bravely drilled a hole through my camper at an angle to come out under sink and tied it into the step light switch. Worked like a charm.

Ken I also have the TopKick 5500 chassis. No problem with any of the lights other than headlights are crap. I got a cheap pair of 4x6 LED Lights for each side from Amazon. Here are the ones I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took a little bit to figure out the wiring but got it done without too much trouble. Each LED light has ability to do highbeam/dim so it takes a bit to make sure you have the light in the correct way and how they illuminate. The outside pair are ALL ON when dims are on and then half on and inside high beam are all on when High beam is triggered. I also pulled the DRL fuse so the lows are not on all the time. They are way better than stock even being low budget. The LEDs in the bumper openings should help out too.

I did get a Thomas Payne couch from Amazon and already installed and works perfect. I price shopped but with points discount I couldn't find it any cheaper and it arrived in like 3 days.

Endura 6340 Super C
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #6
jmckinstrie

hi, interesting about the headlight issues, thankfully i have not had that issue on my rig. all though i did replace the headlights to brighten things up, stock ones are horrible. I got some nice Hella clear glass lights from summit racing and isolated them on their own circuit. found a nice wiring harness that i made work for the wiring off amazon. I could get anyone details if they want. nice part is they are 55watt(normal low beams) and 150 watt high beams! they' re awesome.
here is the harness
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jmckinstrie is offline   Reply With Quote