Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-13-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
Missy28504

Default Leveling Jack Issue-2006 Gulfstream Friendship

Hello, new to the RV life, bought a 2006 Gulf Stream Friendship. Got it in its parking space at home, trying to use the leveling jacks. Nothing happening, any tips for us newbies?? RV sales place too busy to return service call. Can anyone provide any help??
Missy28504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

I don't go back as far as 06, but maybe todays' are similar to yours(mine is 2014)...

the Leveling panel is probably powered by 12v, from the COACH/VEHICLE battery(s)

while the Leveling Hydraulics(legs) are controlled by 12v, from the HOUSE battery bank

if the system is simply not turning on at the controller, you have a 12v problem, since probably also the ignition might need to be on

if the controller works, but the legs are not extending, then you have weak HOUSE batteries, or a 12v issue, OR it could be that you have simply tripped a BUS BREAKER. This breaker is usually somewhere near the HOUSE batteries, maybe mounted on the wall - and probably reads 50amp or 100amp size. If a little 'yellow' or 'red' flag is protruding down from it, it is tripped. Push it back in and you may find that you now have power to the hydraulic system.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
Chuck v

Missy,

Attached is the manual from the leveling system on my 2007 Tour Master and may be very similar to yours. You must have the ignition key ON to use the system, and you must have the transmission in neutral and the parking brake set as well.

Hope this helps...

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf operation manual for 140-1179 pg_82_L0377.pdf (126.8 KB, 34 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:13 PM   #4
Missy28504

Default missy

Thank you so much, I am happy to report we have been able to fix the issue this morning by pulling up a few feet in the parking area. It seems as through the coach was on too much of a slope and the jacks were not able to extend correctly. Again thank you for your posts, Missy
Missy28504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:01 AM   #5
Swiss Man

To be sure, check the oil level of the hydraulic tank. It sounds for me the oil level is too low. Best you use automatic transmission fluid to fill it up.
Swiss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
ricklin

Default A very handy thing to know

My 02 Friendship has a Dewald hydraulic leveling system. The cost of a replacement motor for that system from an RV dealer will get your attention.

It is exactly the same motor/pump as used in Mercury outboard power tilt trim systems for outboard motors.

Can be purchased on Ebay for less than one hundred bucks. I've seen RV dealers get 600 -700 dollars for this motor.

I think mine ran me 70 bucks, it is EXACTLY the same unit.
ricklin is offline   Reply With Quote