Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-16-2022, 12:24 PM   #1
LDWalker

Default Vintage Cruiser 19ERD Electrical Outlets

Hi,

I'm new here and am in the process of purchasing a 2017 Vintage Cruiser 19ERD. It's my first camper, but my new husband's sixth.

I have sleep apnea and will need to take my CPAP machine with me on the road. Is there an electrical outlet in the room, other than the one by the TV connections? I know there's a USB plug on one of the nightstands, but my machine doesn't have a USB adapter.

Thanks,

Lisa
LDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
Bike Dr

Hello and welcome! I don't have the same model but have added many outlets in the past.
I'm sure if you look at the layout that a receptical can be added in the area needed for sure.
If you are not sure someone with a little electrical experience could definitely help you out.
If there is WILL there is always a way...
A short run of 14/2 ul wire, receptical and a box and cover plate is all you should need material wise to add the extra outlet
Good luck and happy camping!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
NavyLCDR

It looks like the Vintage Cruiser has an outlet on the outside side near the front passenger side to plug solar panels into. The floors of the closets in that trailer look like they would also be the ceiling of the pass-through storage area. What I did on my trailer was to run an 8-guage wire down through the floor there into the front corner of the pass-through storage compartment. The wires from that solar panel connection on the side of the trailer should be fairly heavy gauge wire going directly to the battery, which has 12-volts DC constantly. I spliced the wires I ran into that wiring.

Now that you have 12-volts DC available beside the bed. You can do one of two things.

1. Buy a 12-volt DC adapter for your CPAP machine, install the required "cigarette lighter" type DC receptacle in the wall of the closet. I had that for my old CPAP machine. OR

2. Install a cheap 400-watt inverter for regular 110v AC power and plug your normal CPAP power supply into it. I also did this for my wife's CPAP which we did not have a 12-volt power supply for.

I really like my solution because the CPAPs run off the 12-volt DC system which can be used when not plugged into shore power (boondocking, dry camping) for a night. (or three with better batteries).
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #4
Flower

I watched an old video of your year and model camper and in the video it was said that there is an outlet on each side of the bed. So I am assuming it does have a 110 volt outlet on each side of the bed.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 09:45 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

SOLAR wiring is most likely NOT connected; should NOT go direct to battery,

should go to a space where a SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER is mounted, then to battery.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #6
mpg0815

We have a 2017 19ERD and I put my CPAP machine on the nightstand and plug in is along underside of bed! There’s outlets on both sides of the bed. At first I didn’t realize that there were outlets there.. somewhat hidden under bed!
Works extremely well for my machine.
mpg0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 10:53 AM   #7
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
SOLAR wiring is most likely NOT connected; should NOT go direct to battery,

should go to a space where a SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER is mounted, then to battery.
That would be true for roof solar wiring, but not true for the jack on the side (or front) of the trailer. The outside jacks are wired for portable solar panel suitcases that are assumed to have their own controllers. I've had two trailers with the outside solar jacks and both were wired directly to the battery through a 30 or 40 amp circuit breaker.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #8
ScottnBobbi

Default 19 red outlets

I had a 2019 19 e r d. There are outlets in that year on both sides of the bed and a shelf I use for my c p a p. Works very well. I would think yours would be the same but have never seen that year.
ScottnBobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:31 AM   #9
Henry111

I used a controller to resemblant charge my 16Ah 12V Lifepo4 battery with 2 100watt solar panels. It powers my DIY swamp cooler off the grid all day. fully amazing. Thanks Renogy for another great product. It's perfect for what I demanded. I've several Renogy MPPT regulators and now this PWM regulator is the same high quality product.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote