Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-30-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
bill0507

Default 2006 crescendo class A no power to the chassis

I just purchased 2006 crescendo motor home on Air stream diesel cumming. I drove from Richmond Indiana to Nevada.
No problems. I parked for two days. Try to start it, had no power to the engine or dash monitors. Checked disconnects switch, ok. And the motor home plugged into 110. The generator starts OK. Not sure which battery bank is used for the generator. Chassis or coach. Any help here would be appreciated.
bill0507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
bill0507

Default 2006 crescendo class A no power to the chassis

Update I charged the batteries i got elec. to the dash panel when I turn the key. The panel goes blank when turning key to start. Motor does not turn over. no response at all. I can use some help.
Old 11-04-2022, 11:52 PM   #3
RY469

Your house batteries and chassis batteries are separate entities. The generator uses house batteries, and "110" shore power typically charges house batteries through the on-board converter (12VDC power supply / charger).

You are describing a bad connection and/or bad batteries for the chassis. This arrangement is not much different than any other vehicle starting / running system. Ensure you have good chassis batteries (load test them if you have ability). Could be as simple as bad chassis batteries. Ensure the connections are clean and tight and the wiring to things like the starter and main fuse block is in good shape. Yours is unique in that the starting and running stuff is in the rear of the coach. Dash systems run through fuses in the left front compartment. Based on what you've said to this point, I'd suspect an issue in the rear, near the engine or simply bad batteries. Have you tried a "jump" ?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #4
bill0507

OK will check batteries connects. and jump start it.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #5
hossross

probably not a bad battery if you drove that distance and it cranked well and restated easily every time on the trip. Sounds more like some chassis item got left on and drained the batteries. Or you have a very bad connection from the chassis batteries to the engine and fuse panel. Dash lights should come on even with weak battery or marginal connection, the starter takes BIG power so requires good postive and negative battery connections from batt to the solenoid to the starter motor. Can you blow your electrical horn or is it all air, how about head lamps on bright? You can do some simple things like that to see if battery has some charge and if nothing then bad bad connection or dead battery.
Did you charge the battery up to 12.8 volts after its off the charger for at least 15 min?
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #6
bill0507

I will look into these.
thanks
Old 11-06-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Sounds like dead/ defective battery, or just a bad/ loose/ corroded connection? Sounds like good time to do full battery cleaning/service/ testing, and then charge 24 hrs?
Old 05-30-2023, 03:14 PM   #8
Silversliver

If your batteries are not "maintenance free" you need to check the water levels. If not that and they are more than a couple years old they may not be producing enough amps. It could also be your starter drawing too much power because it is breaking down. It also could just be a bad cable connection or ground getting corrosion. I have had all of these issues at one time or another.
Silversliver is offline   Reply With Quote