Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-19-2016, 09:38 AM   #1
RayHarkness

Default External TV Antenna connections......

we have a 2002 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser. IN our back electric compartment, where the Xantrex system is, and 110 v cables entering...we have THREE connections.

There is one rectangular box (normal outlet type box) that has two ports in it. One is for Phone, and one is Cable TV inlet. Works fine...we can plug into a park cable system and feed the tvs inside......the phone we don't use, because we really don't want to talk to anybody!!! I digress...

Above that double box, there is a smaller more round connection, with a cover flopper over it. It has a coax cable inlet there. STandard cable type connection. We bought a remote Satellite Dish antenna (King) that we want to use when the KVH system on the roof is blocked by trees etc. My question, does anybody know what that smaller more round box do? is it possible it could feed into the Satellite systems, so that we might be able to simply plug our external sat dish into that, and we would get it up in the front on the Sat cable coax?

if this makes sense...curious if anybody has an idea. I could obtain a photo of course....

thoughts greatly appreciated...
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: External TV Antenna connections......

Ray,

Sorry I missed this when you posted -- maybe my reply is still meaningful if you have not already worked it out.

The second "F" type connector in the bay of my 2007 Tour Master is indeed a satellite input coax. It goes to the jack panel in the entertainment cabinet over the windsheild of my coach where the sat receiver, audio amp and disc player are -- your coach may be set up a bit differently. This panel has two F connectors marked Satellite -- one says Tri Pod and one says Roof Sat (pretty self explanatory...) and the cable to the input to my sat receiver in that bay can be moved over to one of these two depending on where the satellite antenna signal is coming from for any particular camp ground setup.

Presently I and using my coach as a work apartment, since my job is in one state and my home in another -- so I am located in an RV resort park that provides cable as part of the space rent. I don't have a satellite service for my coach currently as a result...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
RayHarkness

Default Re: External TV Antenna connections......

that helps me....you know what usually happens..is you get a darned tree over top of you....unless I can put a portable antenna out. I am thinking you are correct.
I have to do some experimenting....but its danged hot here in Florida right now. ain't going noplace!!! for awhile..unless a hurricane comes thru!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote