Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
miked

Default 2005 crescendo tv 6 way splitter location

i have looked all over for the splitter and read all treads pertaining this question but have yet to find it. HELP PLEASE
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
Frutza

Don't understand what your looking good for? I don't know of any 6 way splitter?
Roof ant goes to b.o.m.b , box of a million buttons, from there to tv's
Amplifer /cable switch picks either one & there's a sat input
Old 12-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
miked

at each tv location there is a set of rca jacks and a cable cord. all the tvs are currently hooked up to the rca jacks and nothing is hooked up to the cable. someone posted a wiring schematic in which showed a six way splitter that all the cables went to. There has to be one somewhere for all the cables to go to i would assume. i have the tester that traces cable lines but cant find the cables coming from the tvs anywhere.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
Chuck v

Mike,

Circuit diagrams are pretty hard to come by for these coaches, but here is what I can find:

I have circled the splitter in a red outline -- note that for this configuration only 4 ports of the output 6 are used. Some coaches like my 2007 Tour Master had an additional TV in the salon and another in the bay under the awning for outside viewing, so all 6 ports were used in such cases...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Splitter as used in Crescendo.jpg (165.9 KB, 19 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
Chuck v

The physical location of the splitter in my coach was behind the panel in the overhead 'entertainment bay' where the satellite receiver and disk player are located. It may be elsewhere in other models...

Chuck

Old 12-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #6
miked

yes that is the diagram i have seen before. my main tv is up front overhead the driver but my entertainment bay is mid ship (if you will) i have done everything except taring out the panels around the entertainment bay.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #7
Chuck v

OK Mike,

Let's take this hunt in a sequential manner.

1. Looking at the wiring diagram, we see that the signal enters the coach either as the connection to the shore cable provided by the RV park, or as an off-air antenna contained on the coach roof. The selection of which of these two is done by the antenna switch/amp (which in the case of my coach is a single device panel that has a small LED indicator and a push button switch, along with perhaps a 12 volt power outlet.) The coax connector on this panel is the output of this selection action...as I recall the off-air antenna is selected when the indicator is lit. Some of these selectors have a signal strength amplifier built in as well.

2. The output of this selector then goes into the splitter to be distributed to all the devices in the coach entertainment system that consume RF television signals. The diagram above shows these destinations as the front TV, the bedroom TV, the outside TV and the FM signal input jack of the radio/disc player/surround amplifier unit. If you have a VCR in the system, you may have a connection to it from the splitter as well...

3. Notice that the satellite connection does not use this splitter -- that coax is a much different type of signal and runs directly from the roof mounted dish (if fitted) to the satellite receiver. You will note that the output of the satellite receiver is "baseband" video and audio, and these signals go to the AVS 100 distribution selector to be sent along to the various TVs in the coach. It is these baseband audio and video connections that you describe being active in your coach in your initial post.

Do you presently have any off-air or park connected video sources active in your coach? If so, simple inspection of the diagram should allow you to envision how the components are presently configured and the switches set.

Let us know what you find...

Chuck

Old 12-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #8
miked

ok so what i am trying to achieve is to get hd to my tvs or at lease to my main tv up front. as far as i know you cannot get hd through rca jacks in which all my tvs are hooked up to as of now. i have a lot of weird stuff going on for instance the off air antenna works fine when i push the button and the light comes on (although not hd as it is going through rca jacks) when i push the button and the light is off which is supposed to allow signal in from park cable but i get no signal. so i take the switch out of the equation it works fine. the reason i am looking for the splitter is im thinking the cables running from each tv will end there (the splitter) so i want have to send signals through the rca jacks to the tvs. hope this makes since and thanks so much for any input. (no pun intended) lol
Old 12-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #9
Chuck v

Mike,

You are correct that the baseband video as supported over an RCA jack cannot provide an HD quality video connection -- for that you would need at least an RF connection supporting MPEG encoded broadcast per ATSC or the digital link of an HDMI connection.

In my coach, the AV equipment was over the windshield and adjacent to the front monitor location over the right half of the windshield. So the upgraded Blu-Ray disc player I put in had its HDMI output fed directly to an HDMI port on the replacement HDTV receiver that I installed. I did not try to route any video from the front disc player to other TVs in the rig...for the bedroom I installed another Blu-Ray player at that location to source HD and UHD signals to the bedroom TV.

To watch over-the-air or park cable content, the TVs input selectors could be set to their respective coax inputs, and for satellite or disc HD and greater content these TVs input internal input selectors are set to their appropriate HDMI port.

HDMI is a modern interconnect that includes a security feature called HDCP that requires two-way communication from source to display...because of this an HDMI connection must be direct and consistent. Not quite as simple as the old analog video methods, nor as well suited to wireless extension (although this is possible using moderately expensive modules...)

Chuck

Old 12-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #10
jamesham

Replaced the cable wire in my coach from RG59 to RG6 to enable more bandwidth for satellite. Found a 4-way splitter buried in the false bottom area of the power amplifier switch in the ceiling cabinet above the dinette set. I think the factory installed it in that location in case later a TV was placed on the dinette table. The larger TV is up front over the driver, and there is another TV in the bedroom.
jh

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
i have looked all over for the splitter and read all treads pertaining this question but have yet to find it. HELP PLEASE
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #11
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

I would expect this splitter to be: 1) Close to roof antennae; 2) E-Center to be close to antennae (?); 3) Devices/ cables (often) hidden by full (or partial) sheets of 1/4" plywood panel(s). Small panel retainer screws can require a bright flashlight, good eyes and ?? Luck to ya

Tags
6 way, cable, crescendo, splitter