Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-01-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
dpitchai

Default Best way to winterize 5210

Hi All,

2021 BT Cruiser 5210 is my first RV. Need help in wintering it.

I can’t find the pump, though I hear sound around sink area.

Thanks
dpitchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
evh5150

The pump is located beneath the jacknife sofa near the sink behind the lower vinyl panel.
Gently pop off the vinyl covers caps then remove the screws holding the panel on.
FYI I just swapped out the pump with a much quieter and better quality SHURFLO pump and filter.
Pump p/n 4008-101-A65
Filter p/n 255-313
On Amazon.
evh5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
evh5150

Some tips to get you started which you may already know.
1.0 Make sure water heater is turned off at panel then let cool. Using a 1-1/16" socket remove the anode rod from the water heater from outside panel to drain water from heater. Set aside anode rod for spring time.
2.0 Remove heater access panel below both wardrobe drawers adjacent to entrance door. Rotate both ball valves to bypass mode on rear of heater. Return to non bypass mode in the spring.
3.0 Under the jacknife bed locate the convenient suction tube to pump R V antifreeze into
the water lines. Isolate fresh water tank using inline ball valve prior to starting pump.
4.0 Study You Tube videos to understand the winterizing sequences.
5.0 Some folks assist the process using compressed air regulated to 40psi using an oiless compressor
evh5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
dpitchai

Thanks for the details. Much appreciated!
dpitchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #5
RVGirl

Hi Everyone. Just joined this group. We have a 1998 Gulfstream Sunvoyager and I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread. Maybe someone can help. My question is: I can't find airbags for the air_ride system. I have been told they don't make them anymore, but thought someone might know how I can find a crossover and maybe make small modifications. Thanks in advance!
RVGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:24 AM   #6
Henry111

I was surprised the antifreeze arrived intact! The box was of the correct quality and also the HDPE bottles also helped this box arrive undamaged. None of the bottles leaked. I used the complete kit to winterize my RV. I actually liked the induction sealed child-resistant caps because they were all intact after I opened each bottle. All bottles were filled to the identical level. Enough for some seasons!
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 09:54 AM   #7
dvmkathymurf

I know it has been almost a year but wanted to say how helpful your reply was; couldn't figure out how to get to the water pump! Winterized easily after removing panel under jackknife sofa. Thanks.
dvmkathymurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:20 AM   #8
Henry111

I winterize my RV every year. I've been using this antifreeze for several years with no problems. Great price and 4 gallons give me at least 2 years of winter storage. This was great for winterizing a home's plumbing before temperatures hit 12 degrees.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote