Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-12-2022, 11:13 PM   #1
yayme9

Default RV leveling panel (Equalizer Systems 2086)

I'm desperately in search of this panel for the leveling system. Was installed in 2006-2007 Endura and Conquest motorhomes.

Any help sourcing a functioning one? I've tried scrapyards, RV surplus, obviously Equalizer Systems who tells me I'm SOL and I need an entire new system with all new hoses. I'm just too stubborn to think that there's really not one out there in the world for me haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220128_105004.jpg (158.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220412-211329_Chrome.jpg (83.8 KB, 9 views)
yayme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #2
parahovis00

Default RV leveling panel (Equalizer Systems 2086)

Does it not work at all or does it always go into alarm?
parahovis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:56 AM   #3
trotline

Default leveling panel

I have one of those that works. What makes you think it is broken?

Yep. It is unattainable. Junk yards only.
trotline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
bmojmhs

The hydraulic system runs off your house batteries. If the batteries are not charged up, the panel will not work.

I assume you found the fuse on the circuit board.

You can run your engine to charge the batteries and see if the panel comes to life with the engine running.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:22 PM   #5
yayme9

The panel got spilled on (awesome location for it, right next to the cupholder... Ugh!). It worked at first and then died a slow death, becoming more and more dim over time until it eventually just went dead. No response to any input of any sort. I know it's not working because I sent it to a repair place and they told us it wasn't fixable. Also talked to Equalizer Systems about it and they confirmed the diagnosis.

I found one on EBAY from England. How bizarre is that?! Equalizer Systems says these were 95% solely used in 2006-2007 Conquest and Endura coaches.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:24 PM   #6
yayme9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotline View Post
I have one of those that works. What makes you think it is broken?

Yep. It is unattainable. Junk yards only.
If you're wanting to part with it, I'd be interested if the one we found doesn't work (we should receive mid-May) ��
Old 04-21-2022, 07:54 AM   #7
trotline

I slow death is not usually a hardware failure. That is an indicator of a thermal failure. But I suspect beverage residue. leading to a digital failure.
Did you try cleaning it with a spray can of high quality electronic cleaner? Give the circuit board and connectors a good spray and a gentle brushing?

I will be frank with you. Repair places do not do component level repair. If the circuit board don't work they replace it. It might just need a TLC cleaning.
Old 04-21-2022, 08:07 AM   #8
trotline

OMT. Over the past 50 years I have resurrected many electronic circuit boards from death. If you are disposing of the old one may I have it? I don't have 'auto level' in mine.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:54 AM   #9
RY469

I do component level repairs, and I'll tell you ANYTHING is repairable, just incurs different levels of effort. Worse case, you can build a manual panel with a set of switches (and a little electrical knowledge). Look at last page of this manual:
https://eqsystems.us/wp-content/uplo...itch-10-13.pdf
Power on pins 1 &11, left front goes down. Add pin 9, it goes up. This is not best option, but my point is, retrofitting is cheaper than total replacement. Have you checked local electronics repair shops?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:22 AM   #10
trotline

Thanks for the manual. Those are very hard to find.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #11
yayme9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotline View Post
OMT. Over the past 50 years I have resurrected many electronic circuit boards from death. If you are disposing of the old one may I have it? I don't have 'auto level' in mine.
Does yours work? The one we just received from England does have the auto-level button and we didn't have that on our "dead" one.

The panel we bought is a 2057 and the one we're replacing is a 2086.
Old 05-03-2022, 07:04 PM   #12
trotline

I will look tomorrow and get back to you
Old 05-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #13
yayme9

We sent it to Radwell. They told us it was not repairable. Equalizer systems want to sell us a "retro-fit" but we also have to upgrade the hoses. It's a $3000 fix. We tried a 2057. It will go down but only in small increments with the inition key off. It will only retract with the "retract all" button with the ignition key on. We do not have an autolevel feature, so I suspect this may be causing the issue of stopping the down feature of the pads. If I push it down like 30 times, it will eventually touch the ground. Its kind of a pain, but it works. I would love to find a 2086 part, so if someone has a working 2086 and wants to sell it or wants to trade for a working 2057, let me know!
Old 09-19-2022, 06:49 PM   #14
Seadog63

Get ahold of equalizer leveling on line. My class C is a 2021 and has the eq smart system. I’ve seen them demo the controller you got. Chances are they’ve got it. Beings they made it. Or they might have a substitute for it.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2086, equalizer, levelers, panel