Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-02-2022, 10:08 AM   #1
savery

Default De-winterize

In order to de-winterize, I filled the fresh water tank, turned on the water pump (which was very noisy) and it ran for some time and I did not get any water pressure. I then hooked up the city water supply and ran water through all the outlet to eliminate the anti-freeze. I kept the hot water heater valves closed to avoid anti-freeze going through there. I don't see any switch to change from city to tank, so I am not sure why the water pump did not work off the water tank. I have a 2021 288 ISL. Any advice would be appreciated.
savery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:12 PM   #2
Bike Dr

Depending on the size of your system the pump may run a bit, make sure there is enough water in your tank and all low point drains are closed, I had the same issue at first but left one faucet open for the pump so it could prime itself and purge the line. Then you should hear the pump change sound as it begins to pull water and build enough psi to satisfy the internal pressure switch..charging the system with city water is a good idea to aid the pump so it doesn't have to fill the whole system itself.. I hope this helps

Just a thought make sure there is no valve between the tank discharge and pump inlet to prevent the pump from priming
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:55 PM   #3
NavyLCDR

If you have a suction for pumping anti-freeze in from a bottle, make sure the valve for that suction line is closed.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:19 PM   #4
muleman

There should be a hose to put antifreeze into pump system to winterize you can prime pump by pouring water into it also
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:40 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

I have read of new water pumps coming from factory w/ slightly loose screws required tightening to prevent sucking AIR. With pump running, walk around and make sure no gravity drains OPEN? No valve in line between tank/pump? (most= not)