Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-05-2022, 01:01 AM   #1
Dhoff024

Default Gulf Stream Ameri-Lite 24RLS

Hi,

I am new to the forum but not new to the RV world. I grew up traveling with my family in a Jayco class c motorhome and since then my dad has had an open range travel trailer and open range 5th wheel. Now with a family of my own I am looking into purchasing a travel trailer of my own.

I am currently looking at either the 24RLS or a KZ Sportsmen SE 241RKSE. These trailers are both pretty much the same price and size but from different manufacturers with different layouts. I know that both trailers are your entry level value based trailers and from growing up with RV's I know they all have some issues and none are perfect.

What I would really love to know is just others overall experience with their Gulf Stream travel trailers and with Gulf Stream the company when it comes to warranty repairs or other issues. I really like that Gulf Stream is still family owned where most brands are now under the larger umbrella of companies like Thor or forest river, just want some overall personal experiences with their Gulf Stream travel trailers and Gulf Stream the company.

Thanks!
Dhoff024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #2
Life on the fishing pier

I'm impressed with the design but the construction is just as bad as any other at this price point. I just figured a privately held company may offer better quality and maybe it does but I didn't factor in the employees in bv this industry just bounce around from one manufacturer to another. As far as warranty work goes mine hasn't been back to the dealer since new. Only because it's easier for me to fix it than haul it over 100 miles to get it fixed. Now maybe mine being built at the height of the Covid Crisis has something to do with it.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:27 PM   #3
Will_VT

I have a 2018 250RL that had a terrible leak after I purchased it. That being said, having a dealer that went to bat for me with Gulf Stream was very important. Gulf Stream did take the unit back to the factory and repaired and/or replaced everything I had an issue with. Since then, minor repairs from wear and tear. I completed those repairs myself. My suggestion, check up on the dealer(s) you’re thinking about purchasing from. My research into RV’s now a days indicates one is not much different than another. I wouldn’t sign a purchase agreement until you and the dealer inspect and verify everything in the RV works and there are no leaks. If the dealer has integrity, they’ll agree to your plan. Good luck and happy camping.
Will_VT is offline   Reply With Quote