Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2022, 05:39 PM   #1
Seadog63

Default Traction control/advance trac questions

Anyone out there with trac control and advance trac in the e350/450 have problems in heavy winds kicking on and showing up on your dash? If I pull over and shut the coach off and back on it clears it. Doesn’t effect drivability nor is it tied to the engines ecm.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:54 PM   #2
Tpreston

I have had that problem, especially with cruise control on. 2021 Conquest 6245.
I had the same thing happen to my Jeep Wrangler once driving across South Dakota. I was panicking that I had a major issue but like you I found when I turned the Jeep off and restarted it went away. So I didn’t panic when it happened on the RV. Like you said shutting down and restarting makes it go away.
I don’t know why it happens. I speculated in the Jeep that between the wind and bumps in the road one rear wheel turned at a different rate for a millisecond and triggered the warning light. Not sure about the cause on the RV but definitely related to issues with the wind
Tpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
Seadog63

According to ford in Detroit and the two ford dealers by me this is a common thing for our motor homes and keeps and a lot of other cars and trucks. Not to say you can’t have a problem but I took it on a 12 mile test run on a calm day, going out with traction control on and coming back with it off and no problems. Ford says heavy winds will cause that to happen and not to panic. I’d be happy if they would just be able to disable the advance trac. All three conversations assured me it was heavy winds,, which it was winds blowing around 25/30 mph, typically cross winds. I’ve been digging in on other motorhome forums like Thor and coachman and it appears these folks have the same issue’s.
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote