Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
09enduramax39

Default lots of repairs, need advice

ok so have a few issues with my 2009 enduramax m39 wide open toyhauler.
1- Water tank is cracked, how hard are these water tanks to remove?
2-also the floor above it (right by kitchen) is soft so I think it soaked the wood and ruined the wood above it, any idea on replacing the sub floor in the kitchen area?
3- major pin box movement and flex in the front to where I think the frame is broken or something. anyone have experience repairing these, photos of how the aluminum substructure is attached etc.
4-a weird crack above the rear most art of main slide. how would this happen and if I repair the fiberglass I am not sure the issue would be resolved so knowing the structure build in that area would be helpful.
5-how hard is it to redo the sub floor in the garage?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8740 (1).jpeg (252.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8739 (1).jpeg (287.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8738 (1).jpeg (474.7 KB, 15 views)
09enduramax39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #2
hossross

Have it inspected by a HIGHLY QUALIFIED RV person, If looks very serious, don't waste your time fixing anything until you have a complete list of what and where the structure needs repaired. By pin box do you mean the structure around the connector to the tow vehicle? Movement there is seriously bad, and again points to even more structural problems.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #3
Bike Dr

The framework that is hidden in the walls is broken for sure! That is serious and needs to be addressed immediately or you will definitely have more problems or injury. If you are not sure and can't fix it some one qualified can make the repairs but it looks like a pretty extensive repair!! And will not be cheap im sure!
Good luck!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's closed trailer
2014 Streetglide special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #4
Gingersdad

Hi… First of all, i found it doesn't cost any more to have someone fix IF I have already tried and failed. Lots of good pictorial sites on the web. Hot water tank very straight forward. Two person job only because it is a little bulky. Hardest part was getting my hands into the tight places. Lots of excellent videos on line. That pin box movement concerns me. I'd get a welder you really trust to see the best way to tackle that. You only want to have to fix something like that once. The soft floor issue. I would be ready for a big job. May have to strengthen under the floor and will there be any other damage once you get the bad wood pulled up? Be ready for surprises. Your exterior crack was caused by an interior structural problem. I'd start by carefully cutting a section of the wall out so I can check behind it. Then go from there. I removed a section of my wall for a different reason and plan on wallpapering over it. Good luck. Have fun making things better than when manufactured. Gives you a good reason to buy some new tools that you just have to have
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 11:46 AM   #5
muleman

Just my opinion but water tank will be least of your problems not sure on that rig where it is but shouldn't me much of a problem. Once again Just my opinion but somebody put something in the back of that rig that was way to heavy and has screwed the structure up extremely bad. Looks like a nightmare and money pit. Good luck.
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:50 PM   #6
hossross

that was my assumption, and operated with it overloaded or improperly loaded as those are fatigue failures so it was not a one time event. That would have maybe bent so things, but fatigue causes tears rips to create separation.

Again, I wouldnt fix anything even as simple as the hotwater heater until you do or get a complete list of what is broken. Then you can get cost estimates and or figure out what you can repair yourself. The question is: Is the total repair cost what you want to do, and as has been said, many hidden places need to be inspected so there will be cost in just getting access to those areas but needs to be done. When you get your total cost estimated, I'd add 25% to that as contingency as there are probably will be "surprises:
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote