Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-31-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Bogdan

Default Miles

How many miles do you have on your BT ?

I love ours and have 16,700 so far. I like that water lines are above the floor so we camp in the middle of winter too.

Tell me about yours and how many months a year you use. We have a 2019

Bob G
Bogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:15 PM   #2
doncavareno

Default Miles

2007 BT Crusier 98,500 miles all ours. Been to all 48 plus Alaska and most of Canada!
doncavareno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:29 AM   #3
dpitchai

How much MPG do you guys get on 5210? I am getting 11 mpg on 2021 godzilla engine. Wondering if the Engine power is under utilized in the unit, since the mpg has no difference with empty unit or fully loaded unit with AC running.
dpitchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #4
Larryjb

Default 2021 7.4 liter 6 speed with 4.12 rear axle and HW tank electric

The read out on the dashboard screen varies from 12.5 MPG on level ground to 11.0 in hilly country or at 65 MPH.
The read out is probably off by .5 MPG if you do the actual math from fill-up to fill-up. (250.00 at $5.00 per gal.)
The 4.12 rear end gives you good pick-up and hill climbing power and the 6 gear lock-up transmission gives you the better mileage at 50 -55 MPH.
all in all a good trade-off with the rear end ratio and the 6 speed transmission.
Anybody out there have problems with their 120 volt feature on the Hot Water tank?? Mine will only run from 2-8 minutes before the 15 amp breaker trips. 1 or 2 times it has brought the water up to shut-off temps but then on the next demand for electric the 15 amp dedicated breaker would trip.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Propane operation is perfect.
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:55 AM   #5
Bike Dr

Hello I'm just making a suggestion for larry. Your breaker could be weak, they are not really designed to be turned on and off constantly they will wear out, as they are not a switch and most people turn them off when not in use and the breaker can not hold as well in time.
Just something you can change that's not expensive..
Good luck!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20'' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:48 PM   #6
Larryjb

Bike Dr. Thank you for your suggestions. Just a little background.
This is a 2021 5210 BT. On the first day when I turned on the HW tank at the switch it only heated for 1minute and 20 seconds and then tripped the breaker. I let it cool and reset the breaker, however 1 minute and 29 seconds later, the same thing. Now it will heat for about 7 minutes and then the breaker trips again. Breaker is not hot.
Could there be a High limit switch in the tank that senses the water and after 8 minutes it trips the breaker? Oh well, the gas works perfectly well so I will stay with gas.
I have a spare 20 amp breaker in the panel. I will switch the HW water feeder wire down to the 20 amp and see if it still trips the 20 amp breaker.
Thanks again for your comments.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Bike Dr

Okay gotcha at that point it sounds like the element is shorting out. So the next step is to replace it! There are only 3 factors to the electric side of the water heater
1 breaker and it's seems to be good
2 the thermostat
3 the element
All very simple in most cases if your water heater is easily accessible mine is
The element comes right out where you access the burner
Your unit sounds pretty new could you have a warranty or maybe the books to help aid you in locating the components. I will send pics if you need but it's not hard to do.
The parts are not expensive
Old 07-19-2022, 07:25 PM   #8
Bike Dr

On the fuel mileage, I would love to see 12 mpg!!! I am at 7.5 to 8 but for the size of what I have and the weight at 29,410 lbs towing an 8000 lb trailer I'm not going to complain.
Well I could complain about the fuel cost but unfortunately it wouldnt change anything! I do feel bad for the owners of gas rigs especially if they are towing. It is ridiculous though to think what it cost to camp now days as campsites are almost what a hotel room cost and sometimes more.

LIFE IS GOOD!!! LIVING IT!!!

2005 40' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Old 07-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #9
Larryjb

Bike dr., Thanks for the additional suggestions. I will pull the electric element to check for shorts.
So far I have been able to fix all of the pRegarding the warranty, I called the HW tank MFrg and they said, "Take it back to the dealer for service" The dealer is 400 miles away. The cost of gas alone would way exceed the price of parts. I will just do some testing and replace the parts myself.

Regarding fuel mileage, you are far more fuel efficient than I am.
Your cost per pound to move one mile is far better than my 11,000 pound rig, however that is no consolation when you spend $250.00 to fill the tank.
We can never justify this way of travel as being cost saving, especially at up to $70.00 per night at a KOA. We just have to enjoy each adventure and overlook the cost, or at least do not compare the cost of a motel.
I saw your Streetglide, I have a couple of Honda's and enjoy every ride.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:25 PM   #10
Bike Dr

Yes I agree completely! As for the bikes I have a small repair shop at home and work on all types of motorcycle and Honda is the most dependable of all truth be known.so I love my harley but enjoy them all! It's a hobbie but keeps me very busy and working a full time job. But as you mention the cost is always going to be a factor with fuel and camping. I'll just work a little harder to make up the cost difference because I am getting out there life is short!! I'm not a wealthy man but I definitely want to play too!!
I understand your point of warranty with far away dealers but I think you can get that heater working as it should, id be glad to help In any way I can..
Hope to see ya on the road!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2017 weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Old 07-22-2022, 06:21 AM   #11
dfwbmw

2021 BT Cruiser 5245. Had for 13 months now and have almost 9k on it. Had 1162 miles on it from Indiana to Texas when I got it. Now a year later my brother traded in his RV for another new RV at the same dealer. This RV was a different brand but same city in Indiana to Texas. Strangely enough it had exactly 1162 miles on his when we went and made the trade. Kind of interesting it would be exact.....

Also running about 10.8 MPG As high as 11.5 Ford 7.3L Gas
Mods: Progressive Dynamics Hard Wired Surge Protector/ Aili Battery Monitor/ Mobile One Engine Oil/Portable 200 watt solar with HQST MPPT BT controller/LED lights for cabnets when opened/ MaxxAir Fan in the front and rear/LED Tail Light Bulbs/Bus bars in battery area/One LifePo4 102 ah battery/Carpuride 9 inch Apple Carplay screen for dash/Dutch Aire Amish Cooling unit on Frig.
dfwbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:59 AM   #12
Bike Dr

Hello and welcome dfwbmw! That is a interesting coincidence you mentioned about the miles being the same. Hope you get to put many more miles on your bt,
Old 07-31-2022, 09:28 AM   #13
Larryjb

Hello Bike Dr. Thanks for your recent comments and suggestions regarding my Hot Water tank electric heating element.
We were out on a little 3 day trip this past week and the heating element worked perfectly well. Initial startup using the heating element took the temp. up to operating temp. and maintained it over the three day period.
I never had to reset the breaker and it cycled numerous times.
Quite a puzzle, maybe there is a loose wire somewhere near the tank or the Mother board and the shaking down the road helped the contact.
Best thing I can do now is just check all of the wiring for tight contacts.
Nothing else broke this trip so I was quite happy. Every trip is an adventure.
Happy Trails to you!
Old 07-31-2022, 03:19 PM   #14
Bike Dr

Hey perfect!! A self healing system! I love them, I'm kidding but I'm glad to hear it all worked properly..
I guess it could just have been a glitch, odd but it happens in today's electronics for sure.
I have been through it many times over the years as a tech..
But be safe and happy trails to you all also..
Hope to hear about some of your adventures!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Old 01-30-2023, 07:07 PM   #15
Joe Taylor

I have a 2006 31 ft bt cruiser I purchased last year with 17895 miles. It has a Ford v10 and gets around 7.8 to 8.5 mpg. I tow a Jeep Wrangler; as info I had a class A, 34 ft Tiffin with a v10 and it got around the same mileage. My bt cruiser is around 10,000 lbs lighter so I was sure it would get better gas mileage, nope
Joe Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:18 PM   #16
Bike Dr

Hello and welcome Joe Taylor,
Over the years having different TT's then moving to a drivable unit I sat for a long time doing the math with all the sizes and weights. Ford vs chevy, the whole nine.
Having the background with driving trucks 5th Generation but not for a living I broke the chain so to speak.
So I went class a and the thought is expense! But not really, more miles in diesel for longer life 500k or more if properly maintained, no worries with towing. Feul is higher but it gave me so many more options and in my opinion it's not that much more maintenance. Better Gen sets in class a and just better options. Endless storage.

Now if you have deep pockets and can afford the new super c that's great. I am a working man they have a lot of 0's in the price

The gas unit were very nice inside as well. I think they are all nice in there own way.

I plan to have my class a many more years and hopefully another after retirement..

DESTINATION DAYTONA 4 weeks!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 Mini Cooper
Old 03-23-2023, 06:00 PM   #17
MV213

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitchai View Post
How much MPG do you guys get on 5210? I am getting 11 mpg on 2021 godzilla engine. Wondering if the Engine power is under utilized in the unit, since the mpg has no difference with empty unit or fully loaded unit with AC running.
I’m getting the same, 11 to 11.5 on my 2021 5210. I love the power and the way it drives. Ford did a good job on the engine and chassis….it blows away any of the “Triton” engines, including the V10.
MV213 is offline   Reply With Quote