Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
CommandrKeen

Default Winterize 2010 Kingsport 301TB

Newbie question here. I just purchased a slightly used 2010 Kingsport 301TB trailer. I brought it home yesterday and noticed that there are no water drain valves underneath the unit and that the water pump is very hard to reach and has no extra hose for drawing in plumbing antifreeze. I live in Canada, so preparing for frozen temperatures is a must.

My previous trailer was a Palamino S-17 that was very easy to winterize.

How do I go about winterizing the Kingsport? The manual doesn't mention anything and my Google searching didn't bring back much.

The features and build quality of the Kingsport are far superior to the Palomino, so I’m not sure if there is a special trick or an automated method of winterizing the trailer. Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks.
CommandrKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Hippy

Default Re: Winterize 2010 Kingsport 301TB

my water drain valves are behind the left side tires, in front of tank drains. they are not turn drains, but threaded in caps you remove by hand. the fresh water drain is back of front steps, small turn valve hanging down from belly wrap.** You may want to check the roof on your slide for soft spots. Just repaired rotten roof in my slideout due to poor manufacturing design of side trim. the screws are not sealed and water wicked in under the trim. this is not helped by the fact that the tpo roofing on the slide has some kind of felt attached which acts like a sponge. replaced wood, and sealed everything with eternabond tape. Still waiting to hear back from my dealer, and Gulf Stream, haha. Have it fixed properly before they even bother to get back to me. pretty sad as mine was purchased last Sept. good luck.... Peter