Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Installing a TV converter

I have a 2004 Sunvoyager, it has all the TV components and the switch box in the cabinet in the center of the motor home. I have a TV converter coming and I would like to know how to hook this up so that when I am not on cable or Dish I will be able to get TV on the regular antenna. As I understand it early next year unless you have a TV that is a newer one you cannot get the TV without a converter box. Have any of you already installed a converter box in your rig?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
mfa

I tried one out on my bedroom TV last week. It was great. With "normal" TV using the batwing antenna I was getting about a dozen channels of varying degrees of clarity. With the converter box, I got 30 crystal-clear digital channels off the same batwing antenna.

If you know how to use your batwing antenna to get "normal" TV, then using the box is easy. Instead of the antenna cable going into the TV or into a switch, you run it into the box. Out of the box, you can use either a cable to go to where your antenna cable went or you can use the audio/video (red/white/yellow) component cable to go to one of the inputs on your TV.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote