Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
galena

Default Power Gear Jacks

We pulled into our site today and setup using the auto level. Everything went OK until I noticed after about 5 minutes it was sloping to one side. To make a long story short, it appears the back 2 jacks parking brakes are not engaging. I went under the back and used my hand to engage the one that was raised the most and thought everything was OK until I notice the other rear jack has about about 1/4 inch above the ground. I am OK and are going home on Monday, but since GS will not give out wiring diagrams does anyone know of fuses that may have gone?
Thanks
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
Texas TC

If you were able to retract the jacks, I doubt that there is a fuse issue. When I had to have one of mine replaced, they also replaced the circuit board and re calibrated the null (level position). I would think you need to replace the circuit board or re calibrate the level position. I have the instructions for doing this but it is rather long for posting here unless you think you need to try it. If so, let me know and I will give it a shot.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
galena

TC this was one of those problems we all hate, it worked fine when I got home! I have tried it "several" times and it worked fine. I had re calibrated the jacks about 6 months ago to make the RV lower in the rear drivers side to let the AC condensation run off at that point, and it has always worked like a champ. Knock on wood this this is the first issue we have had in about 8 months and who knows, I will just address if it happens again.
I saw a comment about not being able to get thru to Power Gear on one of the forums, but I got thru on the first try and they were very helpful and told me they would send parts to me or authorize a dealer to work on the jacks.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
dsomonster

Galena,
I don't know if this applies to your issue, but I had a similar problem last month.

I was out in the California High Desert and for the first time it did not level and the darn thing kept blinking, but NOT beeping. I manually dropped the jacks in the areas to finally get level. I had to move the rig to dump grey water about 2 days later and had the same problem.

Got her home and, voila, the jacks work fine.

Took her out twice since then and the problem has not come back since.

I had my tech look at it when I installed my inverter and he could not find any issues.

Just my $0.02.

-Ron
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
dsomonster

TexasTC, Galena,
How do you recalibrate the level of the jacks?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
galena

I went to Power Gear web site and downloaded the instructions. The tip sheet for mine is #11002 for Control # 140-1224 Rev 0G, "Electric Jack Installation/Calibration Control".
I have notes on my sheet that mine is 140-1226, but same instructions. I had my wife on the level as I leveled and it was pretty easy. If questions let me know.