Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
woodworker414

Default Weight police will be happy.

When we got loaded with all of our stuff, then the granddaughters, man what a pile, then over to the youngest daughter to pick her up and her stuff, man anouther pile, then to the quarry to pick up the oldest daughter and her husband, she is a dispatcher, scale master, and handles the stuff that comes in and out by barge, husband drives one of those huge quarry trucks, HUGE, it weighs 80 tons, and will haul 80 tons of rock, HUGE, and they also bring a pile of stuff, lots of Christmas presents, lots of stuff, full tank of gas, full tank of water, full tank of propane, going north need lots of propane, full refer, I mean full. So I thought heck why not, I'll just have my daughter go an weitgh this rolling warehouse, I mean lots of stuff. Well the E450 has a gvw of 14050#'s, the scale said, DRUM ROLL, 13780#'s. I have a witness, 5 of them. I made it. I was underweight, probably the first time snice being a rv owner. YEHA. Now I know for sure when its just the DW and me we surely will be underweitht. When I saw all the stuff coming on board, I would have bet that we would have been over, to much and would have had to hook up a trailer. The C handle like a dream, it was a great trip, when we arrived at around 7PM it was 6%, with a wind chill of -15 to -20, sure was fun setting up the C for the weekend. The C stay nice and comfy even that cold. YEHA That was the first time we had tried a winter trip, will now do it again.
Bill