Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 05:50 AM   #1
Flowermama

Unhappy Just beginning, already issues!

Hey all! New owner of a 2001 Conquest class c and already having issues. Got her home from the dealer 2 weeks ago and went to start the RV this morning. It's dead. EVERYTHING is dead. SIGH.

Guess I should have driven it last week, huh?
Flowermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:21 PM   #2
Frutza

Do you have battery cutoff switches? Not sure about your rig but I have 2 sets of batteries, one for engine & one for Rv, turn off your batteries if stored not plugged in, if you ha a 2 sets of batteries there should be a switch to combine both sets of batteries for emergency starting
Old 04-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
Flowermama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Do you have battery cutoff switches? Not sure about your rig but I have 2 sets of batteries, one for engine & one for Rv, turn off your batteries if stored not plugged in, if you ha a 2 sets of batteries there should be a switch to combine both sets of batteries for emergency starting
There IS a cutoff switch on the house battery. I should turn it off at least.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
UAHaerospace

when you 'got her home' you should have 'plugged her in'... which is what most any RV wants - to keep it's batteries charged.

what do you mean, though, by 'everythings dead'? what are you trying to do, and what are you seeing that makes you think that...give us details and we can help.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
Flowermama

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAHaerospace View Post
when you 'got her home' you should have 'plugged her in'... which is what most any RV wants - to keep it's batteries charged.

what do you mean, though, by 'everythings dead'? what are you trying to do, and what are you seeing that makes you think that...give us details and we can help.
Ok, well, where I live is an apartment complex and I can't just plug in. I hadn't started it in a few days and when I went to start the vehicle, it had no lights, nothing. Tried the emergency start and nothing happened. Checked the console and nothing. No fridge lights, NOTHING was working.

Called Good Sam and they sent a really helpful guy out who jumped the rig and everything came on Took her for a ride, about a hundred miles and she's been good since. I go out every other day and drive her around for a half hour just to make sure the batteries are charged.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
RRB

I had the RV dealership replace the two 6volt coach batteries and I put a new battery under the hood when the engine wouldn’t start. I do have the emergency start button, but the engine battery was 6 years old and wouldn’t hold a charge.
RRB is offline   Reply With Quote