Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
LTC_R

Default Getting ready for winter storage

I searched the site and couldn't find anything so here's to a new topic. With winter just around the corner I'm thinking about storing my Supernova 6400. My old 20 ft micro class c Winnebago was easy - drain the hot water heater, open the water line drains, blow out the line, drain the holding tanks, toss in some anti freeze, add some sea foam to the fuel, park it in the barn, put on the trickle charger, and see it in the spring. Well the 6400 won't fit in the barn, has a washing machine, more feet of water line then I know what to do with, and a Diesel engine that I know very little about.

Trying to find a cover for this is impossible, one made for a class C is not tall enough and I think one for a class A won't fit right. It has a hot water heater bypass that helps with that part. I figure that I will need to pay special attention to the washer/dryer but I really don't know if there is something that I need to do to store a diesel. Any ideas would be appreciated as this will be outside for the cold midwest winter. The old farmers almanac says lots of snow an sub zero temps. Much as I'd like to winter in the warmer climes, that just isn't possibe at this time. Thanks.
2008 JK Unlimited toad
LTC_R is offline   Reply With Quote