Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
clikraceteam

Default Buying New Super-C!

I have read the "horror" stories here and I am a little concerened. I am taking the plunge and buying a new 2007 Conquest Super-C 34'. I like the layout for our family of 5 and feel it will work great for our motocross racing pit, home base vehicle. Are the "horror" stories with these units pretty isolated or the rule? Are there some Conquest "secrets" I should know about before I get started on this journey?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

In my own experiences with Gulf Stream motorhomes have been nothing but positive, as have been many others. We now own our second and would have not purchased the second if we would have negative or unrepairable problems, or lack of support from Gulf Stream Coach.

There are many others here on the forum that are repeat owners of GSC products that I believe feel the same as I do.

That being said, did we have some issues that needed to be addressed when the coach was purchased new? Yes, as most if not all brands do, no matter who the manufacturer is. Just read some of the other brand forums on the web. There are horror stories about all of them, but one can type anything, so I take many with a "grain of salt".

I feel as many do, that Gulf Stream builds products that are superior to many for the money.

Having toured the Gulf Stream plants many times and seen the quality that goes into them, talked to many of the staff at Gulf Stream in person and meeting many of the people that do the actual building of the products, It is my opinion that Gulf Stream products and company is First Class all the way. This was the opinion I had in August 2002 when we purchased our first Gulf Stream and I still have that opinion today, 4-1/2 years and two coaches later.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
WE B RVN

Welcome clikraceteam.

I also have had a positive experience with Gulf Stream. We purchased one new travel trailer, and two used motor homes. A seven year old gas model and a nine year old deisel that we currently own. We have had no problems with any of them other than minor items that you would expect from something running down the road in constant movement vibration and shaking from rough roads. So, I can say that if taken care of, they will hold up well. Our current Motor Home will easily last ten more years, probably longer. So with that said, I do not think there is any Conquest Secrets you should know of. Enjoy your new Motor Home.

Kevin.
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
coolchas11

We are proud owners of our third GS. Enjoy, Charlie
Old 01-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
clikraceteam

Thank You for the input. I thought Gulf Stream built a quality coach! So Far, My Dealer has been great and I can't wait to use the machine. I will keep you posted of my experience. So far, it is all good!

Thanks again everyone
Old 01-27-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
mfa

We purchased a new 2006 GS Ultra Super-C last September and have been very pleased with it. After trying to accumulate a bigger list of things to be fixed, I finally took it back to the dealer last week with four little things to be done...
1) A missing cabinet door plunger rod
2) A cabinet latch that wasn't grabbing enough
3) A crack in the screen door slider
4) A FW tank drain hose that was kinked

There were a few other small things that didn't need parts that I fixed as they happened so that I didn't have to mess with going to the dealer.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Tundrasport

Our 2006 Vista Cruise Mini has pretty much been a nightmare, you can check some of my other post for specifics.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
Tundrasport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStream40
That being said, did we have some issues that needed to be addressed when the coach was purchased new? Yes, as most if not all brands do, no matter who the manufacturer is. Just read some of the other brand forums on the web. There are horror stories about all of them, but one can type anything, so I take many with a "grain of salt".
I do agree that things said do need to be taken with a "grain of salt" sometimes, however I do believe that my situation would require a salt lick! I have full documentation for all problems and defects encountered with our unit and will share if needed!

At delivery:
The interior generator switch did not work, on backorder at that time.
The pin to keep the shower curtain closed was nowhere near the proper position.
Since then:
Air conditioner out
Generator out
Water heater shooting flames out the side of the unit
Cabinet hardware inadequate and missing parts
black and gray tanks wired backwards
microwave out, replaced
2nd microwave door would not open after warming food, had to pry open
Severe roof leak, water entering through overhead light fixture
water leaking into storage compartment
console cover not screwed in
fresh water sensor not reading corectly
Turbo resonator failure
water leaking into main storage compartment
2nd severe roof leak, water entering through overhead light fixtures and cabinets
2nd time water leaking into storage compartment.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
clikraceteam

Tundrasport,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I hope everything is working better now. Thank you for your honest answer and opinion I do not need to see all the documentation I believe your nightmare. I have lived a few myself with other products. I will keep you posted of my experience as I have closed the deal now. However, I would much rather work on an RV in Boca Raton FLA than South Lyon MI......LOL.... It is 8 degrees right now.

Sincerely
clikracingteam